New/Reply FAQ Members Login

Hello Tennessee

Hello Tennessee

Postby lucyann_k » Tue Sep 07, 2004 08:38 am

My name is Annaleese Kennedy. I live in memphis TN. I suffered from Preeclampsia starting in my 24th week of my pregnancy. I was on bed rest until I delived by emergency c-section in the begining of my 30th week. I had a little boy. His name is William Joseph Kennedy. He lived for 49 days 6 hours and 34 minutes. He died from an infection called NEC, which I was told was very commen to babies whoes mothers suffered from Preeclampsia. I am telling you this so you can understand why the fondation and its mission is important to me. I want to help spread the word, raise awareness, and hopefully one day see a cure for this illness. I hope that there is someone else who shares this passion. I am looking for someone to help me with coordinating the Tennessee Chapter of the Fondation. If you have thought about helping and did not think you wanted to do it by yourself or did not think you had time, please let me know. Maybe between us we can make a difference in our area!

Thanks
Annaleese Kennedy
Tennessee Coordinator

TTC #2
William J. Kennedy
12/15/02 - 2/4/03
Born 10 Weeks Early Pre-E
lucyann_k

Re : Hello Tennessee

Postby alimarie » Sun Sep 19, 2004 03:43 pm

Annaleese,

Hi! I am actually in your area and just saw this section of the website. I was also wondering if anyone was in this area. Glad to know there is someone else. I have had two doctors tell me recently that for some reason Memphis seems to be a hotbed for preeclampsia. i was actually living in new mexico when i had it but i find it interesting that we seem to have a number of cases. I am sure there are more people lurking around who have had it also in our area.

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)

TTC #2
alimarie

Postby lucyann_k » Tue Sep 21, 2004 06:46 pm

alimarie it is good to know someone else in the area has responded. If you don't mind me asking, are you in the memphis or surrounding area. I am really wanting to get a tennessee chapter started and need someone else to get involved to meet the requirements.
Whether or not you are interested, please get back in touch with me and spread the word about this web-site. It is really amazing how many people do suffer from these problems and you never hear about it. It will be a wonderful to get this chapter up and working so other women who have to face terrible condition can find some support from us who have been there, and so we can get the word out about this condition and things that can be done to limit the severity of it.

Tennessee Coordinator
TTC #2
William J. Kennedy
12/15/02 - 2/4/03
lucyann_k

Postby alimarie » Tue Sep 21, 2004 07:55 pm

hey, i am in a surrounding area. what about you? are you actually in memphis limits? can you believe we are a hot bed for this horrible disease? weird. were you living here when you had your son?: which hospital were you at? i assume they kept you here since it is a large city. do they have the facilities to handle such a case?

also, what is involved with starting a chapter? what would we be doing? thanks

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)

TTC #2
alimarie

Postby lucyann_k » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:41 am

I am in Mason, Tn. It is close to memphis.I was born in Mississippi and moved to memphis shortly after. When I married I moved on my husbands family land in Mason. My stay was at the lovely Baptist Womens Hospital. I was there a month before Will was born and then he was there for seven weeks before he passed away. That place is great. It was kinda like a hotel. They have a section on the delivery floor that is for high risk pregnancy. It is not where you can hear the women who having the babies which really means alot when you are in that position. The NICU was great. I was really happy with everything, except that it was a very busy place. My doctor also told me that Memphis was leading the World in cases of Pre Eclampsia. What is it? I am just so amazed.

The first thing we are working on is getting some flyers printed and get them to places like OB offices places where at risk women would go. We will have to raise money to get them printed or have it donated. We will take calls from people in our area who might have questions or need help. It is going to supporting our area in ways that we can. Please let me know if you are interested. If you are not, I would love to stay in touch with you. I see we are both TTC. It would be nice to have someone around here to chat with.

Talk to you soon!
annaleese

Tennessee Coordinator
TTC #2
William J. Kennedy
12/15/02 - 2/4/03
lucyann_k

Postby alimarie » Sat Sep 25, 2004 07:07 pm

annaleese

i am actually right outside of memphis in collierville. i am glad to hear you speak so highly about baptist women's hospital as that is probably where i will deliver if i get to have another one.
we are definitely ttc.....it has been a long road so far though. it has been almost nine months now with nothing. i am sad bc it was so easy with my first. it only took us three mon. then. i know it is in God's hands and timing but my patience wanes sometimes!
how about you? how long have you been ttc? i wish you a positive soon! by the way, what does J. stand for in your precious son's name? i love names!

TTC #2
alimarie

Postby lucyann_k » Mon Sep 27, 2004 08:52 am

We have been TTC since January. I am so down about it. I am so ready to be prego again. I hope you have some +++++++++ in your very near future. I used to work at the Home Depot in Collierville. It has been awhile.

My sons name is Willam Joseph Kennedy.

Annaleese

Tennessee Coordinator
TTC #2
William J. Kennedy
12/15/02 - 2/4/03
lucyann_k

Postby alimarie » Mon Sep 27, 2004 07:40 pm

Annaleese,

wow, we have been trying since january too! i can't believe it is already almost oct. time flies but i can definitely understand your frustration with it taking so long. how long did it take you to conceive william? he has a beautiful name!
hang in there and God will give you another miracle! let me know how you are doing.

TTC #2
alimarie

Postby lucyann_k » Thu Oct 07, 2004 08:14 am

I do not know if you know it or not but there is an event going on at the Baptist Womens Hospital Saturday. I think me and my husband will go. It is about infertility. I am interested in what all is going on. I have been on clomid for the past six or seven months. I was only on it a month when I got pregnant last time. It would give you a chance to check out the hospital if you have never done it.

Talk to you soon
Annaleese

Tennessee Coordinator
TTC #2
William J. Kennedy
12/15/02 - 2/4/03
lucyann_k

Postby alimarie » Thu Oct 07, 2004 05:09 pm

Annaleese,

Thanks for the heads up about Sat. You will have to let me know what you learn. We are not able to go unfortunately. I am trying to decide whether i want to try clomid. my dr. has offered it to me but i am not sure i am ready yet. i am fickle!

TTC #2
alimarie

Next

Return to Tennessee