Post Reply FAQ Members Login

TTC

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : TTC

Postby tinalowe » Tue Jul 20, 2004 02:44 pm

by tinalowe (288 Posts), Tue Jul 20, 2004 02:44 pm

Houst congrats on the baby and I wil keep you in my prayers. I am having conflicting emotions as well and I am just ttc when/if I do conceive I am sure I will be a basket case.

Sha hope that all goes well with your peri! I think we all feel that our little angels are watching over us and protecting us, I know I do.

I did break down and decide to chart my temps, but no opk yet. I hate those things lol. This is only my fourth day charting so am not sure if I will be able to figure anything out this cycle or not.

Tina 23
DH Dereck 26

Emma Victoria stillborn 12-28-03
ttc#2

tinalowe

Postby heatherbbb » Sat Jul 24, 2004 04:26 pm

by heatherbbb (603 Posts), Sat Jul 24, 2004 04:26 pm

Tina,
I know what you mean about being scared. I'm 13 weeks pregnant. I keep thinking that that in another 13 weeks I'll be at the same place in pregnancy when I delivered my first. I do believe that my chances are better because the doctors are watching me closer and I am so much more proactive with my own care. I do say the same thing to people who want to plan trips with the baby. It all depends if I carry full-term. I really think that is a realistic answer, no matter what your inlaws or friends think. It is a strong possibility I will have a premature baby, especially since I got PE before 28 weeks. I just hope my pregnancy will last longer and I have a baby that will overcome the effects of prematurity. A lot do. I saw remarkable things in my 5 1/2 months in the NICU with my son. Of course I will just be estatic if I make it full term.

Good luck getting pregnant. I'm no help there. I got pregnant both times the first month I tried. Luckily some of the other women have been more helpful there.

Good luck! It takes courage to start again.

Heather

Mother of Seth Russell, delivered 26 weeks due to PE 9/3/03-2/13/04
http://members.cox.net/heatherbbb/seth/seth.htm
Due with baby # 2 Feb 1, 2005
heatherbbb

Postby anne » Mon Aug 16, 2004 07:54 pm

by anne (149 Posts), Mon Aug 16, 2004 07:54 pm

The truth is, people who have had uneventful pregnancies never think twice about things going wrong - and why would they?? My family always downplays my experience with the birth of my son, who was born at 36 weeks by emergency c section due to severe HELLP syndrome. I was put to sleep as the anastesiologist was afraid I would not clot (platelets at under 40). I will always be sad I could not be awake when he was born, but I am forever grateful he was ok.
Funny thing, I recently had a miscarriage at 7 weeks, When I found out I was pregnant I was so concerned that I would develop pre-e, etc again that I didn't really expect this. I guess you never know how things will turn out, but I really want another child, so we will definitly try again!
Good luck to you all!!!

AS
anne

Previous

Return to Grief and Loss