Is it ok to try

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
hhbeachgurl

Re : Is it ok to try

Postby hhbeachgurl » Sat Apr 13, 638318 2:22 pm

Good luck hun!

betsymu

Postby betsymu » Fri Jan 11, 638318 12:56 am

Thanks Julie for your message. Really appreciate you taking the time to write. I am going to meet with my MFM this month to find out more.
But I am a little worried that I would wasting a cycle of conception.In the end I feel it is all worth it.

Betsymu

julie f

Postby julie f » Wed Aug 25, 638315 12:13 pm

Betsy,
Hi and welcome to you. I'm sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with chronic hypertension but it's good that you're dealing with it prior to pregnancy. Women with CHP run a 25% risk of developing preeclampsia, educating yourself ahead of time is one of the best things you can do. Making sure that you have excellent medical care is of utmost importance as well. You mention that your PCP is ok with your pressures and has given you the ok to TTC, if in your shoes, I'd want to hear that from my peri as well. Definitely being your log of pressures in.

You'll find that the women here do have a lot of experience, and can offer tons of support. But, we're not doctors, so we always have to say to talk to your doctors. And if you don't feel comfortable, don't hesitate to get a 2nd or 3rd opinion.

Please take care and let us know how we can help.

betsymu

Is it ok to try

Postby betsymu » Fri Jul 23, 638315 6:07 am

Hi All,
I am new to this board. I haven't had preeclampsia.But have had a couple of miscarriages ( not due BP issues) I have been diagnosed with hytertension. I have been on BP medications for the past 6 months. At first it was the Lisinopril and now since I am trying to conceive I am on 1250mg of Aldomet. My BP has been 125/85 in the mornings but during the days it goes upto 130/(90 to 95 ) once again at night it comes back to 91/70. My primary care physician seems to be okay with it. She has given me the green light to ttc.

I am also seeing a perinatlogist. He was the one who prescribed Aldomet. I am going to see next him month again regarding the BP.

Since you guys know the best. I am just wanted to find out if it is okay to conceive with these readings. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Betsy.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”