To give you some hope

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

To give you some hope

Postby angelkat » Thu May 27, 2004 04:31 am

Yesterday while I was at the peri for my appt I saw another mother there who was in the NICU the same time I was there with Katlyne. We were bedspace neighbors. (Both of us had PE) She had twins (IVF) and the girls were dil at 27 weeks both were able to come home one before the other but still. Yesterday, I feel this tap on my back and there was Anne standing there preg as all can be. She told me that after years of them trying and doing IVF that this baby was a complete surprise and it's a boy!. She is currently 30 weeks preg and said she doesn't know what it's like to be this far in a preg but she is in enjoying it all....

The moral of this... One day you will be surprised and get a ++ when you least expect it...[:)].

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Re : To give you some hope

Postby steelsword328 » Thu May 27, 2004 12:53 am

Tracy,
Thanks for sending that email. It brightened my day![:D] I've been kinda bummed about the whole TTC thing and wondering will it happen for me. I know I can always come here and find great support!

Renee mom to Alyssa-26wkr-1lb 4oz.-severe PE-now a happy and healthy 2 year old!
TTC#2!!!!
steelsword328

Postby julie f » Thu May 27, 2004 04:57 pm

Tracey,

Thanks for that email, I needed that today [;)]!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Praying for a miracle... TTC #2 is a go!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby alimarie » Fri May 28, 2004 09:09 am

very encouraging!

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby for faith » Fri May 28, 2004 10:20 am

I agree, thanks for sharing!!!

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe preeclampsia, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))
for faith

Postby norlisa k » Tue Jun 01, 2004 04:14 pm

Like Tracy, I want to show you a light of hope. My husband and I tried for four years to get pregnant, and both of us went through surgeries, pills and medications that made me (and him) insane, lots of tears, and almost lost hope. Negative pregnancy tests went on month after month, and then year after year. We ended up having to do IVF and ICSI (in vitro fertilization and intra cytoplasmic sperm injection)--and the day that they retrieved my eggs, one of the reproductive endocrinologists called and said that the eggs looked "old," and that there is probably another aspect of infertility that wasn't explored yet. We were devastated. But, three days later, the embryologist told us that there were four embryos. Two were implanted, both took, and now we have twins! [:)] There was a smooth transition between our fertility docs and my OB perinatologist. We had the greatest support from our fertility docs and nurses, and then our wonderful OB perinatologist and his nurse--which made all of the difference in the world. All of this happened despite infertility, chronic hypertension before pregnancy, gestational diabetes, group beta strep, twins, and me not being in the greatest of shape. (Thanks forever to our nurses and docs for taking great care of all of us!) Our dreams came true, and my sincerest hopes are that all of yours do, too.

Hugs,
Norlisa

Norlisa Keffer(35), Washington State Co-Coordinator/Moderator, Mothers of Multiples/Co-Moderator, Trying to Conceive
Gordon (37)
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven
Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 weeks, 5/26/03, no preeclampsia during pregnancy, mom severe blood pressure problems post-partum
norlisa k

Postby sjs40 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 03:28 pm

Just wanted to add my bit....I have pcos, and had been through fertility treatments with my ex husband. After my divorce I resigned myself to remaining childless, and when I met DH told him I couldn't have children. We decided to see what happened, and my Dr was ready to prescribe Clomid after 3 months of negative ovulation tests. I got the prescription and waited for day 1 of AF....which never came. Despite a negative ovulation test, Ellie was already on the way!

Don't give up...it can happen!
Sue

Sue (40)
Chris (37)
DD Eleanor Susan (Ellie)
born at 27wks severe PE
24 July 03 - 20 August 03
sjs40

Postby kdreher » Fri Jun 04, 2004 01:18 pm

That gives me hope. My husband and I just decided that "we" (really I) am going to travel to N.C. to have a tubal reversal. In 2000, "we" thought it was best for me to have a tubal ligation, due to my prior history with pe and hellp. We have since changed our minds. I have already started to take vit c and vit e and folic acid even if it takes me a while to get pregnant.

Kris (34)
DH, Tom (33)
Tyler 3-9-95 to 3-23-95 (26 wks pe/HELLP)

tkstevens@sbcglobal.net or kstevens@cga.uscg.mil
kdreher

Postby for faith » Fri Jun 04, 2004 02:20 pm

Thanks for all the good stories to give us hope.

Good luck to you Kris, hope the procedure goes well. Sorry to hear of your loss of Tyler and wish you all the best in your TTC journey.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))
for faith

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia