Hbp and headaches. sould I worry?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Hbp and headaches. sould I worry?

Postby erika » Thu Nov 13, 2003 06:45 pm

Hi im 38wks pregnant and today my bp was 134/98 at the drs office, I have no protien in my urine, but have headaches and alittle spotty vision, also, major heartburn. They did labs on me today, which showed my creaton? for kidneys was slightly elevated? Are these signs of concern? I have had pree with my first child this is my third? Would love some advice. Erika
erika

Re : Hbp and headaches. sould I worry?

Postby annegarrett » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:46 pm

You should ask them to do a 24 hour urine, you should mention your heartburn and your seeing spots. Use those words. I had it with my first--fine with my second--very dangerous at 38 weeks with my third and very similar to you--just barely hypertensive and a trace of protein...not enough to get excited about. Do me a favor and push for further testing--and be SURE to mention the spots. At this point, inducing might be a good option.

It would be my personal (non-medical) bias.

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby tahoe4 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 07:50 am

In my opinion (and I'm not medical) a headache, heartburn and blurred vision are causes for concern. My only warnings when I had eclampsia was headache and heartburn so if I have any signs of these two at any time, I'm getting on the horn to my peri to have some tests run.
tahoe4

Postby erika » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:15 am

Well just went back to drs office today, and my bp was 141/98 she wants to induce me!!! So Im on my way into the hospital!!!!yeah a dr who listens!!! Thanks for your replys!! Erika
erika

Postby julie f » Fri Nov 14, 2003 04:11 pm

Erika,

Wishing you a healthy, uncomplicated and easy delivery! Please update us when you get home!

Julie
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26 weeks due to severe pe
julie f

Return to Ask the Experienced