New/Reply FAQ Members Login

Friend in Need!!

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Friend in Need!!

Postby gracb2god84 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:45 pm

I'm really excited about joining this support group.And look forward to hearing from everyone and sharing my story of my little angel A'mya Grace.
A'mya passed on December 13,2003. She was a 26 week preemie born on September 8,2003 due to severe pre-eclampsia weighing 1pd.5.2oz. A'mya fought a long battle, going through 2 surgerys and dealing with kidney failure. A'mya was truely an angel sent from God. There were many times that the Dr.'s and R.N.'s did not think A'mya would make it through the night but she did. She was a little fighter.
A'mya touched and changed many lives and I look forward to sharing my experience about A'mya and myself with others who have been through the same as I have & I would love to hear the stories/experiences that you have had with your loved ones.
Please feel free to e-mail me if you ever need someone to chat with about your loss @ gracb2god84@aol.com
I want to end by saying never give up and always trust in God and he will lead your way. Remember we are all strong because God will never put a burden on us that we could not handle.
I Look forward to hearing from everyone!
[:)]

LTB
gracb2god84

Re : Friend in Need!!

Postby twolfgram » Mon Feb 16, 2004 06:07 am

Welcome to the forum! There are many women here who've had similar experiences. My son Erik, was stillborn Dec 20, 2002, so I cannot imagine what you went through, to have your daughter for such a long time, then losing her. I hope you're doing ok. Again, welcome!

Therese Mom to
Jonathan - born 10/4/95 at 28 weeks due to HELLP
Angel in Heaven - Erik 12/20/02 due to placental abruption
And "Baby dot" - EDD 9/11/04!
twolfgram

Postby kristen » Tue Feb 17, 2004 07:30 am

Hello,
I am very sorry for your loss. There are way too many of us out there. I too had severe pre e and on Nov 29th at 25 weeks 4 days, had my little angel Lauren McKenna weighing 1 pound 5 ounces. We had her for one week. On Dec 6th, she passed due to an infection which stopped her heart. She was such a fighter. Feisty was the word the docs used. They were all very shocked that this happened. She was so strong and such a wiggle worm. I do not know how to get over this myself, but I can only hope time will heal. I also hope that talking to other people in the same situation can help. You had mentioned that God will only give us what we can handle.....I just feel like I cannot handle this. It gets harder for me each day. My original due date is coming up (Mar 9th) and I am hoping that once I get passed this hurdle, I can start to mend. I want you to know that you can write to me any time. I think this is our outlet. Take care...
Kristen
disneyfreak@t-online.de
kristen

Postby sharonda » Thu Feb 19, 2004 09:38 pm

I believe it is a wonderful blessing that I found this website and I read your post. We have something in common. My daughter, Amaya Christine, was given to God on January 25, 2004. I developed severe Pre-E and HELLP at 21 weeks. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital and focused on my health. I had several blood transfusions and they could not get my blood pressure under control. It was not until this week that I realized that I lossed my daughter. I am in the grieving process and I am in need of something to get me through this very difficult time. I am thinking about going to a support group and/or going to couseling. Did anyone do this? Was it helpful?
sharonda

Postby julie f » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:04 pm

I am so sorry for your loss and for all of the others mentioned on this thread, and website for that matter.

I too delivered at 26 weeks and was blessed with my son for five days. You'll find many women here whom you are able to share your daughter's life with. In the "outside world" many people are uncomfortable, or simply don't know what to say and therefore would rather avoid the conversation. This Foundation is a wonderful place to talk freely about your daughter and celebrate the life that she lived and the place that she will forever hold in your heart. It is also a wonderful place for support and the opportunity to get involved in the fight against this horrible disease.

Grief will overcome you in the strangest places and for many seemingly unrelated reasons - please remember to take care of yourself. And please keep us updated and post whenever you need to. I have found great comfort in these forums.

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Return to Grief and Loss