First appt with the peri today...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

First appt with the peri today...

Postby angelkat » Tue Jan 13, 2004 02:23 pm

Funny how the first thing a women that has had PE does is go to the peri before getting excitied about anything. Since I am only 5 weeks I wanted to start off on the right foot and not wait to long. First I had an ultrasound saw a sac but nothing else as it just could be way to early (have another one in 2 weeks) then after speaking with us for 1 hour going over everything from chances to what our plans were it really made us feel a little better about things. I was told to start on the baby asa and since I am taking floguard (RX Vit with extra folic acid in it) to just take one durning the day and one at night. I was sent for TONS of blood work from clotting factors to now doing a 24 hour urine to have some baselines. I did ask about the Brewer's Diet and his reponse was WHO?.... Then went on to say I have never read anything about it in the AMA but if it would make you feel better than go ahead just becareful and eat!. It was really a great appt esp since I didn't have to have an exam [:D] . Other than that.. I'm feeling ok, just tried and cranky if I don't eat every 2-3 hours..... Hope everyone else is doing well....
Hugs
~T

Mommy to
Drew(12)
Ky (10)
and our Angel Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03) forever in our hearts and thoughts
http://www.forevernetwork.com/Archive/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=%2FArchives%2FMountHope&CFID=1089289&CFTOKEN=79068509
angelkat

Re : First appt with the peri today...

Postby akemt » Tue Jan 13, 2004 02:53 pm

Angelkat,

I beleive all the Brewer's research is from the 1970's, so your peri might not be up on all of it. Also, it doesn't seem to be recommended by many medical professionals (perhaps midwives, excluded). There has been alot of discussion reguarding it recently if you would like the links:

Brewer's diet on the Preeclampsia Foundation website:
www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=287
www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=788
www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=839

Anne recently posted a link about a recommended pregnancy diet...can't remember who recommended it though or where it is! lol I beleive there was a link to it in a post about Brewer's on the ask the experienced board.

Congratulations and keep us updated! We have a large group of newly pregnant woman who've had pre-e before.

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
Baby #2 due August 11, 2004
akemt

Postby julie f » Tue Jan 13, 2004 03:11 pm

So glad your appt went well!!!

Julie (26)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe
julie f

Postby sweetiesuzy » Thu Jan 15, 2004 03:17 pm

AngelKat!

I didn't know you were pregnant! I am so so so happy for you. Please feel free to email me anytime. I am expecting also - EDD 8/6. I hope you are feeling as well as you can be both physically and emotionally.

Take care -
hugs,
Suzanna

DS 3/25/95
DD 10/26/01 stillbirth
DS 12/30/02
AND ~ Peanut edd 8/6/04
sweetiesuzy

Return to Pregnant Again?