We didn't find out with either of our first two kids and when I was pregnant with Chloe and facing much more surveillance and possibly more u/s and opportunities to peek we discussed it and decided that if we did find out, then we'd be breaking our tradition of waiting and making her pregnancy too different, too medicalized. In the end, we only had the one level II and I wouldn't let the tech peek, if we weren't going to know, then nobody else was going to know either[:p]. If we'd needed to do an amnio, we would have asked them not to tell us the baby's gender.
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors