Help...suggestions needed!!

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : Help...suggestions needed!!

Postby iansmom » Mon Apr 26, 2004 07:12 pm

One thing that often gets overlooked is Dad's need for someone to talk to. Call him just to talk every now and then. Also, one of the best things that I got was a date book with lots of room to write down weight, feedings, etc every day. it is a neat thing to look at now.

Ian 12/26/01 - 26 weeks P/E & HELLP
#2 EDD July 15, 2004

Re : Help...suggestions needed!!

Postby meg » Mon Apr 26, 2004 03:47 pm

It will be hard since you are so far away. But I am sure knowing that you care and are praying for them will help alot! Sending them things like phone cards ( they probably have alot of long distance relatives who want to be updated) also maybe gift certificates to resturants becuse they are going to need to eat and not feel like cooking very much! Maybe offer to head up a phone chain or email chain to keep people informed of the babies progress b/c I know its hard on the parents to call all friends and family members everyday.
The 8 year old might like some kind of special gift of something to keep her from feeling lost in the shuffle of attention the baby is getting.
Good luck to them! My sisters baby is 7 weeks old now but was born at 27 weeks weighing 1 lb 8 ounces. He has done just wonderfully and we are hoping he may come home before Memorial Day!

Will 2-6-00 ( PE at 35 weeks)
Elizabeth 7-3-01 ( NO PE)
#3 EDD 10-25-04
Proud Aunt to Ethan born 27.5 weeks weighing 1lb 8 ounces! Our little fighter!
Now 2 lb 9 ounces and already out of NICU ( but still in hospital)

Help...suggestions needed!!

Postby bmleziva » Mon Apr 26, 2004 02:22 pm

A friend of mine just had to have an emergency c-section at 26 weeks. Her little guy is 1 lb 14oz. My question is...How do I help? I live in a different state and would love to do anything at all that would make it easier for them (mom, dad, sister 8 yrs).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Bobbie Jo

Return to “Parents of Preemies”