C-Section pain... years after!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

C-Section pain... years after!

Postby jen44 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 06:21 pm

So it's been two years (less a month) since my son was born via caesarian. When I do a lot of walking, I sometimes get a burning pain around my c-section incision. It's been happening I would say "occasionally" since the surgery and it doesn't last long, only a few minutes, but I would have thought it would have healed by now! In one of the other active posts right now, there is talk of "scar adhesion" and I'm thinking that might be the cause but not sure.

Does anyone else get this or know what is causing it?
jen44

Re : C-Section pain... years after!

Postby jenchar » Sat Jan 28, 2006 06:31 pm

Yes, I get that pain too. I've had 2 c-sections.

I asked my doc. He said it is most likely adhesions...which he explained are the result of bleeding inside your abdominal cavity. Surgeons do their best to keep the bleeding to a minimum with suction and such, but it still happens.

My doc said that long fibers of old blood form and connect to various places on your insides like your intestines, uterus, bladder, etc...

The pain comes when you stretch the fiber or break it. Make sense? It did to me, at least when my doctor explained it.

Ask your doctor to be certain.

Jen
jenchar

Postby fiona » Sat Jan 28, 2006 07:13 pm

I definitely had that - particularly after my second section. When I had my third my new, wonderful OB cleaned it all out, tidied up my scar - which OB no2 had made a real pig's ear of - and I haven't had any pain since.

Of course, it may not be worth getting pregnant again for ;o).
fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby lucy » Sat Jan 28, 2006 08:09 pm

I dont have any idea but just wanted to wish you luck, hope you figure it out and get to feeling better.
lucy

Postby lizzybeth » Sun Jan 29, 2006 01:38 am

Ditto!

I also get the occasional pain from my epidural sight...
lizzybeth

Postby jen44 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 01:30 pm

Mistery solved I guess! Thanks girls for your replies. It was something I've always wondered about but never thought enough to ask!
jen44

Postby mikeys mom » Mon Jan 30, 2006 08:01 am

I get the pain from my second c-section scar but never had it before.... I guess you guys answered my questions so it isn't something I will call the doc about.
mikeys mom

Return to Ask the Experienced