Post Reply FAQ Members Login

24 hour urine

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

24 hour urine

Postby mommajo » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:11 am

by mommajo (364 Posts), Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:11 am

Hi I'm sorry if this is TMI but I have a question. I am in the midst of my 24 hour urine test and I have filled up the entire container several hours before finishing the test. This happened last week too. Last week I had to use an apple juice container in addition to the urine test container and by the time I was finished both containers were full to the brim. This week I was smart enough to request two containers so I have an extra one available that I am going to start filling now. I have been doing these 24 hour urine tests weekly for the past 5 weeks and I never had to worry about having too much urine for the container until last week. I am going to call my doctors office to ask about this when they open but just wanted to run this by all of you. Does this sound normal? Should I be concerned about urinating too much? I have yet to reach the 300 mark for protein in my urine. Last week I was at 250. I hate the idea of having two containers though because I worry that the lab may only test one. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
mommajo

Re : 24 hour urine

Postby mommy1st » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:31 am

by mommy1st (2808 Posts), Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:31 am

I don't think it's anything to be too worried about. Did you pee a lot with Elijah? Some women pee a lot more than others when they are pregnant. I would call your dr's office though and see what they say you never know. I was at my pcp awhile back doing some blood testing and someone dropped off 2 containters of urine and I remember the lady who was taking my blood saying that it's not unusual and they DO test both. The guy was apologizing for having 2 and she said it's not a big deal it happens more than you think and they do test both!
Hope this helps you out!
Let us know what the dr. says
mommy1st

Re : 24 hour urine

Postby mommajo » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:25 am

by mommajo (364 Posts), Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:25 am

Yeah that helps. Thanks!
mommajo

Return to Pregnant Again?