when are platelet levels dangerous?

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here
momma1408

Re : when are platelet levels dangerous?

Postby momma1408 » Tue May 27, 2008 09:55 am

I went from being 125 lbs to being over 200 lbs with my HELLPS and PE I just kind of tried to be active again ASAP drank a lot believe it or not and I ended up peeing a lot more after I had my DS than when I was prego and I think I just lost a lot of fluid and swelling that way. Also just keeping my feet propped up when I wasn't on them helped a lot congrats my son was born at 32 weeks also!!

rachelc

Postby rachelc » Thu May 15, 2008 12:35 am

Congratulations!

alittlepregnant

Postby alittlepregnant » Fri May 09, 2008 08:21 pm

Congratulations and welcome to Hannah Grace! Best wishes to your whole family for a swift recovery and an uneventful homecoming.

fancy19

Postby fancy19 » Fri May 09, 2008 07:16 pm

Thanks for that info machaelsmommy......we are actually home now....they discharged her today....right now I'm trusting them and hope things go smooth....I'm definitly keeping what you said in mind. :)

michaelsmommy

Postby michaelsmommy » Fri May 09, 2008 05:24 pm

Don't wait more than 1-2 weeks for doctor's. Also, get in touch with PCP (regular doctor) - they are more in tune to her body now that delivery has happened. The pregnancy is over and an OB/GYN can use help in matters of liver, kidneys, etc. I was re-admitted to hospital 2 weeks post for diuretic treatment, lost 15 pounds of water and was a new person. During that visit, the hospital taught me how to use a cane properly (for stairs, getting out of bed, etc) and I was much better for it. This is such a difficult time for her. The mag sulfate is as bad as she has told you. Watch for post partum depression as well - it's almost sure to come. Watch for yellowing of skin which indicates continual issues with liver. Also, I had a hematoma that presented. If this happens, it will be very sharp pain that may feel like gas. Seek medical help if that happens. I didn't and it caused further bleeding/liver issues. She will be better before you know it but expect her to take 3-4 weeks to be where a normal delivery mom would have been at when released from a hospital. P.S. Mother's Day will be especially special :-)

jsu_work

Postby jsu_work » Fri May 09, 2008 01:52 pm

Congrats

fancy19

Postby fancy19 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:03 am

Her name is Hannah Grace Mullins :)

She is doing great so far. She's been breathing on her own since birth(thanks steriods) and was consuming 8cc's as of last night and moved up to 12ccs this morning (hope she gets fat quick!) THe nurses say they have no concerns with her and that makes us feel great. I hope she does really well so she can get out in 4-5 weeks possibly.

fancy19

Postby fancy19 » Fri May 09, 2008 10:43 am

Thanks everyone......she's still very swollen...I think she wieghed 165lbs before birth and couple days later she's at 195lbs. They pumped her with mag for almost 48 hours. I have to pull her pants up, lift her legs into bed, etc. WHen will she feel comfortable, be able to walk up stairs, etc??

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed May 07, 2008 11:00 pm

Yeah! Good to hear that your little has safely arrived! I sure hope her mama starts feeling better soon. And I agree, nothing like night sweats to take care of excessive pp swelling. Congratulations.

blythe

Postby blythe » Wed May 07, 2008 10:52 pm

Woo Hoo! Congratulations!! I hope mama continues to get better, and that your baby girl will be out of the NICU soon. Great job all around!

Return to “HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders”