I went into code blue eclamptic seizures with my son at 32 weeks. I went 36 weeks, two days with my daughter when pre-e suddenly reared it's ugly head. I delivered my daughter 24 hours later with zero issues and she came out healthy!
I almost died with my son, so I can understand your fears of trying again. It took us a long time to get the courage to try again, but knew that we would take precautions, have better care the second time around and were definitely more informed and aware of preeclampisa (symptoms and signs...something I wasn't even aware in my first pregnancy...yes my doctor was an idiot), which made our decision easier. It was still difficult and I was always wondering when I would get pre-e, something I don't think could be avoided, but after passing my son's 32 week delivery date, I was more confident I could go full-term. I didn't go full-term, but was happy at 36 weeks. There is no way I would chance a 3rd pregnancy (age plays a big part of that scenario for me), and am thrilled I survived the first pregnancy to take the chance on a second pregnancy.
Good luck in your decision. Having trust in your doctors is key, along with trusting your instincts on what you should do and how you listen to your body if you decide to venture into a second pregnancy.