Future TTC and what to ask OB next week

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
oliver321

Re : Future TTC and what to ask OB next week

Postby oliver321 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 02:15 am

My wife is 4 mos. pregnant, and she is having a bleeding a small amount this

tracey

Postby tracey » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:14 am

Gossamer
I think merging these questions all together in a new thread is a fabulous idea!
Maybe we could even have a "sticky" established at the top of this section (and maybe others?) so people could add even more, if they have any.

Denise -- hope your appointment went well. Good luck, in the meantime, with your weight loss, and hope to hear some good news from you in a few months!

Tracey
mother to angel Ila Elizabeth (February 6, 2004)

gossamer

Postby gossamer » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:13 am

Ok ladies, I finally have my list, my computer and my mind in the same place. In addition to the questions already mentioned I asked the following: (as a caveat, I am going to a regular OB-Gyn while consulting with a Peri)

How often will I be visiting the Peri?
Do I need to see a cardiologist?
How often should I see a cardiologist?
What would be the first red flag for you that we are going down the pre-e road again?
What diagnostic tests will you recommed?
What diagnostic tests will you insist upon if any?
With my blood clotting disorder, should I take heparin?
How much should I weigh before getting pregnant?
WOuld you consider putting me under for a C-section?
(I was put under for Mary Rose's birth, have to have a C-Section from now on and am terrified of being awake during surgery, so this was a necessary question for me.)
Is it reasonable to expect to bring home a baby from the hospital?

I guess that's it. It seemed like more. I hope these are helpful. Do you think I should merge them all together in a new thread?
Gossamer

"Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. This is the miracle of life. " -Maureen Hawkins

megansmom

Postby megansmom » Tue Jun 15, 2004 09:36 am

Gossamer, did you ever find your list of questions?

Amanda
Mama to Megan, PE at 34 wks

gossamer

Postby gossamer » Mon Jun 14, 2004 08:49 pm

Denise, I explained my fears are not going to end when I get pregnant that's when they really will start to flare up. I won't believe it until I bring a baby home from the hospital, to be honest, I don't even care if it's my baby, just bring a baby home. :) Trust your gut If you feel timid or shy or afraid to argue with or speak up to him/her, you need to find a new Dr. How do you feel about the vitamin K shots, eye goop, taking the baby away, do you want to breast feed, how is he with that, will he be encouraging you and givign you lactations consultation or will he be pushign formula on you. WHat are your desires and your fears that you need to address with him. Let your gut be your guide.
Gossamer

"Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. This is the miracle of life. " -Maureen Hawkins

denise

Postby denise » Mon Jun 14, 2004 02:40 pm

Hoping your feeling much better now Gossamer![:D] I just got done with having a new crown put on just over a month ago, due to having the tooth crack from a new filling being done next to it. Hate dentist woes![}:)]

Ariana-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP Syndrome/pre-e
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm

norlisa k

Postby norlisa k » Mon Jun 14, 2004 09:43 am

Amanda - Will keep sending good wishes your way. Gossamer's questions rocked, and I just want to reiterate--I really hope that you'll find a doctor that you feel extremely comfortable with, can establish a great doctor/patient relationship with, who'll answer all of your questions and won't let you leave his/her office with any worries, and who's very knowledgeable about hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and who will listen and tell you what to look out for. Best of luck, and lots of hugs,

Norlisa

Norlisa Keffer(35), Washington State Co-Coordinator/Moderator, Mothers of Multiples/Co-Moderator, Trying to Conceive
Gordon (37)
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven
Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 weeks, 5/26/03, no preeclampsia during pregnancy, mom severe blood pressure problems post-partum

megansmom

Postby megansmom » Mon Jun 14, 2004 09:12 am

Any more thougths or ideas? Just 3 days until my appt. I am already a nervous wreck! :)

Amanda

gossamer

Postby gossamer » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:44 pm

Thank you. I am doing well. I have been grinding my teeth at night so hard, I cracked a front tooth in half. I had to have the root surgically removed, a bone graft implanted and eventually a metal dental implant with a crown. I should be all done by Christmas. Right now Advil and vicoden are working very well. I am checking in periodically but not quite able to think totally coherant thoughts.
Gossamer

megansmom

Postby megansmom » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:34 pm

Gossamer, I hope all went well with your surgery and you are well on your way to recovery!

Amanda

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”