Headache & Nausea @ 22 weeks

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
julie f

Re : Headache & Nausea @ 22 weeks

Postby julie f » Tue Sep 28, 2004 08:33 am

How frustrating Heather [}:)]. Thank goodness though that your results came back looking good! I pray that the good results continue on through January.

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator

heatherbbb

Postby heatherbbb » Tue Sep 28, 2004 06:08 am

Thanks for all of your comments. Here's the results. Everything was okay with my labs. As of Friday, I don't have HELLP. I got so frustrated because the lab finished processing the tests but did not fax it to OB's office before they closed at 5 p.m on Friday. I left several messages for the nurse, but she never called called me back. Nobody seemed to think this was important. The receptionist told me the labs must have been okay, otherwise the nurse would have called me. That was a stupid answer since the nurse never got the results. I explained to her that if they labs were positive, it meant I had a life threatening disease and needed to be put in the hospital immediately. She finally got me the nurse (not her voice mail) who told me she never got the results. I called the lab and was told the results were ready but were waiting to be faxed to the OB's office. The OB's office was closed by this time. So after a very unrestful night of sleep, I paged the OB on call Saturday morning. He never responded. Two hours later I paged him again. Luckily it was the same OB I saw the day before. He agreed that we needed to know the results. He tried to get the lab results but the lab wouldn't give it to him without my patient number. Neither of us had any idea what that is. I gave him my SS# and he was finally able to get the results. I figured the labs would be okay, but for the off chance that they weren't I really needed to know. I was very disappointed with the whole system. I'm still nervous to have started getting headaches in the 22 week. That's about when I started getting headaches with the last pregnancy.

Mother of Seth Russell, delivered 26 weeks due to PE/HELLP 9/3/03-2/13/04
http://members.cox.net/heatherbbb/seth/seth.htm
Due with Joshua Allen -scheduled C-section @ 39 weeks (about Jan 20, 2005)

ann marie

Postby ann marie » Mon Sep 27, 2004 06:20 pm

So how do your labs look?? How are you feeling?? Thinking of you...

Ann Marie (29)Moderator for "Ask the Experienced" and "Bedrest"
Co-coordinator for Wisconsin
DH: Matt (32)
PIH/PE/Low Amniotic Fluid
Luke 3/17/04--37 weeks after 15 weeks of bedrest

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Mon Sep 27, 2004 02:57 pm

Glad to hear that the doctor is so proactive. And very proud that you are educating yourself and insisting on good care. Let us know how the blood work turns out.

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation

maxs mom

Postby maxs mom » Mon Sep 27, 2004 02:52 pm

Heather,
any word on the lab results? I hope everything looks good.

Kara (34)
DH, John (36)
Max, 1/20/03, 25 wks, 1lb. 3ozs. (IUGR), severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mightymax/

#2 is on the way, EDD at 36.5 weeks is 3/24/04

denise

Postby denise » Fri Sep 24, 2004 01:33 pm

Glad to hear the appt went well and the doc didn't blow you off. Hope those labs come back within normal levels. Keep us updated!!

-------
Co-coordinator for WI
Denise (28)
Jason (32)
Ariana (16 months)-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP
TTC #2 starting in October!
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm

samarasmom

Postby samarasmom » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:45 am

So glad that your doc is looking into this and not blowing you off. Great doc I must say. Hope you are feeling better. Did he suggest anything to help make you comfortable in the meantime. Let us know the test results. sending some prayers that all is well that way.

Sandra 23
Michael Abron ( fiance)
Elijah Kristopher Michael Abron ( 43 wks no complications) 5/6/99
Isaiah Liam Abron ( 37 wks PE and Preterm labor) 3/25/02
Samara Juliyana Abron ( 35 wks PIH and poss PE ) 7/21/04

julie f

Postby julie f » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:51 am

Heather,

I'm sorry you're not feeling well[xx(]. I'm so glad you got in to see your OB today though and that they're running some tests on you. Please let us know when you get the results back.

I'm praying, praying, praying for healthy 2005 babies for us!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator

cara

Postby cara » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:22 am

Just from a "been there" stand-point, if a CBC DOES come back high, please ask your Dr to begin treatment for any infection. I had a CBC come back high and went into labor that night after the Dr sent me home b/c I "probably was getting a cold". I had a leak (which I reported and was told I was probably urinating on myself) and ended up with an infection that was probably a good reason why I went into labor 2 months early. Between the Pre-e, PIH, and infection, Grant decided to bail on me. He really could have used those last weeks, as we were in NICU for a month after. So, lesson learned was if you think something is wrong, there is a reason for it....stay on the safe side, even if it means "annoying" your Dr!!

Cara L. Stevens
Mother of Grant, born 3/28/04 at 33 weeks
Diagnosed with PIH very early, then with Pre-e

heatherbbb

Postby heatherbbb » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:20 am

My OB appointment went well. My bp is up a little, but still pretty good. The baby's heartrate was good as well. I was so worried this OB would blow me off with my symptoms. I was so happy when he suggested running blood tests to eliminate the possibily of having HELLP. He did say that you can get HELLP without a rise in bp. I did get HELLP with the last pregnancy. I should have the results by the end of the day. Thanks for all your comments.

Heather

Mother of Seth Russell, delivered 26 weeks due to PE/HELLP 9/3/03-2/13/04
http://members.cox.net/heatherbbb/seth/seth.htm
Due with Joshua Allen -scheduled C-section @ 39 weeks (about Jan 20, 2005)

Return to “Ask the Experienced”