The year ahead is poised to be an incredibly exciting and productive time for the Preeclampsia Foundation and our mission to improve outcomes for mothers and babies. Please join us as we resolve to:
- Work with dozens of companies and researchers developing better diagnostic and prediction tools. We are growing ever closer to understand the root causes of preeclampsia. This continuing research includes potential therapies that may give our babies the opportunity to safely develop, preeclampsia-free.
- Register the pregnancy histories of 10,000 women in The Preeclampsia Registry. If you have not enrolled, we invite you to do so and refer others, even loved ones who have NOT suffered from preeclampsia. To accomplish Resolution 1, we will need #2!
- Launch our redesigned mobile-friendly website. Did you know that over 60% of the Foundation's website visitors come from mobile or tablet devices? This upgrade will make all of our information more readily accessible and readable on your mobile devices for families on the go or sitting by hospital beds.
- Launch our website in Spanish. Preeclampsia is a growing threat to the health of Latina moms, many of whom already have chronic hypertension. We want to ensure ALL women receive the education and support that they need across the United States and the globe. The Spanish website will contain our best health information and articles of interest.
- Provide the Patient Guide to Hypertension in Pregnancy via our website. The guide will present information from the new American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists guidelines in a manner organized for patients' understanding. The Foundation's guide will help define medical terms and explain the updated clinical care practices.
Preeclampsia is on the rise globally. The rate of maternal mortality has not improved in this country. Goals like these five 2014 resolutions will help decrease the number of patients facing lack of information, confusion and mismanagement---and set us on a path of good health for all moms.
Thank you for bringing us to this place and continuing your support in 2014!