Help with Protein Numbers

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re : Help with Protein Numbers

Postby caryn » Fri Dec 21, 637668 5:21 am

Congratulations!!

anathor21

Postby anathor21 » Tue Dec 11, 637668 5:57 pm

Horay! So glad to see the update...

Congratulations to all [:)]

laraeamie

Postby laraeamie » Mon Dec 10, 637668 1:17 pm

Congrats!! Enjoy him!!!!

amiejo

Postby amiejo » Sun Dec 09, 637668 3:15 pm

congrats! That is huge...wow. so glad that mom and baby are doing well.

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Fri Nov 30, 637668 3:55 pm

Congratulations! Thanks for the update. And I thought my son was big at 38 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds 9 oz.

michigan

Postby michigan » Fri Nov 30, 637668 10:18 am

Hello all....this actually "Michigan's" Husband.

She just wanted me to come on here and post the good news that our Baby arrived! Mother and baby are both doing great! We were supposed to be induced, however the baby had other plans and her water broke about 18 hours before we were to arrive at the induction.

The baby was huge! He weighed 10 lbs. 1 oz, and she pushed him out vaginally! Not to mention that he was born at 38 1/2 weeks!

Hope all is well with everyone else!

anathor21

Postby anathor21 » Thu Oct 25, 637668 12:25 pm

So glad to see your update! Congrats on making to 38 weeks!

Those darn colds do have a way of showing up at the worst times don't they?

Will be watching for an update over the weekend with details and an introduction to your new little one [:)]

michigan

Postby michigan » Thu Oct 25, 637668 9:46 am

We made it to 38 weeks (+ a day today), and the doctor plans on inducing on Thursday, because the baby is approaching 9 pounds! Thankfully the itching has gone down, but I still have it once and a while.

If it is not one thing, it another: Now I have a head cold/sinus infection. The doctor said I could take Sudafed and/or Tylenol. I hate taking anything, but it is getting to the point that I may need to take something. I just would hate to go through labor with a cold. The doctor says the main concern is a fever, so we are watching that closely, but so far so good.

michigan

Postby michigan » Mon Dec 07, 637665 11:38 pm

Update: I just got back from the doctor and NST. Everything is looking good. Heart-rate was good, my BP was 110/80 and my protein was trace! Doctor says bedrest is working and don't start pushing it! Baby is still measuring 3 weeks ahead, doctor doesn't seem too concerned, but I do have an ultrasound scheduled for 7/10 (37 weeks) and he may induce based on those results.

I am more concerned with the bad itching I am now having. Has anyone else had this?
Doctor told me to take Benadryl, and if that did not improve the itching that they will give me all the tests. She gave me the indication that if Benadryl took care of it, then they would rule out Cholestasis of Pregnancy.

deerhart

Postby deerhart » Mon Dec 07, 637665 6:07 pm

Yes, I held Alex when I was still on the mag and he was nursing at the time (though your milk doesn't come in for a few days).

Alex was a greyish blue color when he was born, most liekly from the mag (since it does pass) and he was extremely lethargic for about 5 days after his birth (also probably due to the mag). When he did cry it was not very loud until day 6. It also took me about 7 days after I came off the mag to fully get rid of the after effects I was feeling (dry mouth, extreme fatigue to the point of almost blacking out etc..). This is probably due to my allergy and its possible ALex may also have an allegy we just don't have any confirmation yet.

I was told that the typical turn around time for the mag side effects to wear off was 24-48 hours. We did keep Alex in the nursery the first night after he was born (because both DH and I were exhausted and I was still bedridden so I couldn't get up to get him if he cried) and the nurses just brought him in to nurse when he wanted to. The next day I was up and moving around and picking him up (though I was extremely tired)

Return to “Ask the Experienced”