CatherineG....

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
paige_va

Re : CatherineG....

Postby paige_va » Tue Dec 19, 2006 08:23 am

Catherine,
I'm sure that Sam's antics on the NST were quite scary! Thank goodness he seems to have recovered. Are you back at home now? I know it's been an unbelievably wild ride, but look how far you've come! Just a little while longer and you'll be holding your little one in your arms!

jackie cargen

Postby jackie cargen » Tue Dec 19, 2006 01:18 am

Hi
I check everyday to see how you guys are!
Thinking of you and little Sam during the Festive Season.

Regards
Jackie and Alan Cargen

kazzabazza2

Postby kazzabazza2 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 03:34 pm

Ho hum!

So the cookie crumbles! Doesn't sound too bad honey. Don't worry about a low baseline, it's more common in boys and in certain positions too. Sounds like the decel was just one of those one offs. Though still scary! But trust me you will go mad worrying about whether he's having one or not, so just take comfort in his movements, and trust your instincts.
Keep those feet up! My thoughts and prayer are with you and yours as always.

Karen x

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Fri Dec 15, 2006 02:41 pm

Oh Catherine, how frightening!! You are so close and have come through so much. I know this must have been a terrifying experience for you. So glad to hear that Sam is alright. Conintued prayers coming your way.

leftcoastgirl

Postby leftcoastgirl » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:05 am

Hi Catherine, I have no idea how I missed this thread but glad I saw it and read through it today! What a little miracle you and your baby boy are...wow. I am so glad you are befuddling your doctors, keep up the great work...what a miracle. How is your family holding up through this? I noticed you have two older children...do they help you out a lot? I am sure you have wonderful support. So happy to hear you and your babe are doing so well. =)

~J

catherineg

Postby catherineg » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:03 am

Wee! That was fun...NOT...or my 3 hrs in L&D triage...

Ok...my little man was to have a non eventful NST this am, got there, got hooked up, he started dancing around, and his heartrate plummeted into the 60's! For over 30 seconds!! I thought he was dying...so scared. I called the nurse in, she got the Dr, he said you just bought yourself a visit to the hospital, but lets do a quick u/s first.

Fluid was awesome and cordflow normal, he looked closely at the cord and said there are no knots, but there isnt alot of gel around it, so minor compressions can show the decels. I guess the cord is not as protected on the outside as some.

Send me to L&D, where Sam was a perfect gentleman, and showed nice accels and no decels. His heartrate baseline is much slower that it has been, in the 1hundred teens to 120- even saw some low 100s but I guess this isnt something so scary, it seems odd to me, but i guess now from what they tell me.

So, he gave me a heart attack, probably not the last time, but hopefully the last time until he is 13...

Catherine

kazzabazza2

Postby kazzabazza2 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 06:16 pm

Hey Catherine,

Well done on passing another battery of tests you two!! I'm so sorry about Rays mum [:(] . Stay strong for each other, this must be such a hard time! You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers as always.

Karen x

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:09 pm

Catherine:

I am happy to see that you and Sam are doing so well. Continued prayers for you and your family.

leighann

Postby leighann » Mon Dec 11, 2006 06:19 pm

I am so happy all is well with you and Sam!!!!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Mon Dec 11, 2006 05:11 pm

You are both a holiday miracle!! I hope that you have you dh home soon.

Joy

Return to “Ask the Experienced”