CatherineG....

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
raspbeari

Re : CatherineG....

Postby raspbeari » Mon Dec 11, 2006 03:02 pm

This is great news catherine, I can't believe how far along you are now. Hoping Sam continues to do well and keeps cooking for a bit more.

Sorry to hear about Raymond's mother, it sounds like your family is going through so much.
You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

catherineg

Postby catherineg » Mon Dec 11, 2006 01:36 pm

Atheen you are so sweet!

We had a BPP ultrasound today, and Sam passed his tests again this week, good boy! The S/D ratio on the cord flow was slightly elevated, not alarming, but they will watch it, it was 3.07 and normal is between 2 and 3 I believe. Good news is now if there is a problem we will deliver a baby, not go into the hospital on bedrest. At my next BPP I will be 35w1d, I am SO thankful we have made it so far - 37 weeks is considered full term, and that is less than 3 weeks from now!

Raymond is on his way back from Michingan. His mom is still hanging on in the hospice center, just agonizing, she knows she is dying and is in pain when the morphine wears off :-( . I pray she can pass peacefully soon. I am counting the minutes until I can get Ray from the airport and hold him tight.

Thank you all again for all of the good thoughts and prayers you send our way, I don't think I would be where I am now without them.

Catherine

frasiah
Forum Moderator

Postby frasiah » Fri Dec 08, 2006 06:28 pm

That baby keeps growing and it is so good to read of positive reports.

kat

Postby kat » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:41 am

Thanks for the update Catherine. Keep up the great work!

kazzabazza2

Postby kazzabazza2 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 05:59 pm

Catherine,

Wow you guys are like Duracell bunnies!! Just keep going and going! Great news. You are such an inspiration Catherine to so many people here. So many have been at that scary place, and you are coping so well. The light at the end of that tunnel is getting brighter and brighter! Hang in there guys. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours as always.

Karen x

jana m

Postby jana m » Tue Dec 05, 2006 08:21 am

Sam is amazing, and so are you!! Still hoping and praying for you every day.

brooklynsmom

Postby brooklynsmom » Tue Dec 05, 2006 06:50 am

Grow baby grow!

taras mom

Postby taras mom » Tue Dec 05, 2006 05:15 am

Keep growing, Sam! Such an impressive little guy.

catherineg

Postby catherineg » Mon Dec 04, 2006 06:20 pm

Little Sam is still a little guy- weighing in at a whopping 2.9 lbs right now-

He gained .9 lbs in a little less than 3 weeks, so, if he keeps at the same rate until 39 weeks we are looking at about a 4.6 lb baby, I feel sad my body failed him in the growth department, and hope he comes out healthy and ready for mama milk to help him catch up.

His growth restriction still puts him in the 1 th percentile, and is still asymmetrical, meaning his head is just about the right size for gestational age, but his abdomen and legs are small- this is a "brain sparing effect".

Fluid is still good- over 15.

I wonder if me coming out of the hospital, and going off the sedating drugs slowed his growth- when i was sedated, so was he- maybe he burnt less calories? I don't think this would be the answer, but just wondering. Cord flow and placenta look good.

A normal size baby at this point of the pregnancy should start putting on like 1/5 a pound a week, which would put him at almost 6 lbs at birth.

Dr said if he had to guess he would say he will weigh about 2 kilos at 39 weeks, which would be 4.4 pounds.

So I am continuing to pray and hope this little guy keeps packing on the weight and has healthy lungs, and appreciate all the good thoughts you guys send my way!

Catherine

jana m

Postby jana m » Fri Dec 01, 2006 08:44 am

Catherine,
I am just always so amazed at how far you've come. I don't blame you one bit for holding out on the preparations until he is safe in your arms. Just do what you feel comfortable with and Sam will have everything he needs when the time is right.

Looking forward to your update on Monday!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”