CatherineG....

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
kathyc

Re : CatherineG....

Postby kathyc » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:14 pm

Catherine,

I am so happy for you and Sam!! How wonderful that your doctor is now talking about 39 weeks! It won't be long before your miracle boy is here safe and sound. I can also understand, though, the feeling that you want to wait to buy things. Janna had some good ideas there. I have seen "preemie packs" that have several clothing items for wee little ones. Here's one example:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr ... B000AV1TEA

mommajo

Postby mommajo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 08:04 pm

Wow Catharine! I am justly constantly amazed when I see your updates which I check for just about daily. I am so happy to hear you and Sam are doing well. I can understand you dilemna about nesting and buying lots of stuff for the baby. I am positive Sam is going to arrive safely but I can see why you would be hesitant to prepare. I think it makes a lot of sense just to get a few gowns and things you would need right away. I'm sure you should be taking it easy anyway, and not out shopping till you drop. Maybe you could ask family members to get a few necesities for the baby and make sure clothes are premie sized. Have a little family baby shower in the next few weeks while you are still hesitant and then a big joyous shower with all your friends and extended family after little Sam comes home.

paige_va

Postby paige_va » Thu Nov 30, 2006 08:00 pm

Catherine,
So glad to hear that Sam cooperated on the NST! He's already a great kid...you're probably going to have to buy him a car the minute he turns 16!!! [;)] Wow, are you really almost 33 weeks already?? Amazing! I'm thrilled to hear that everything's going so well, and hope that Sam stays put and continues to grow for another couple of weeks at least. I think it's amazing that your doctors are actually talking about letting you go to 39 weeks. You go girl!!!

catherineg

Postby catherineg » Thu Nov 30, 2006 07:43 pm

32w4d - Sam co-operates!

I had my non stress test this am, and for the first time in 3 appts, Mr. Sam co-operates and shows nice accells on his strip! It was an easy quick appt (kinda, not really quick, but easy, lol)

I am facing a 'nesting' dilemma - with all the heartache we had in the middle of this pregnancy, I am VERY hesitant in buying anything for the baby. We won't need much in the beginning, and Ray can go out and get a car seat after Sam is here and healthy. But I am going to have to break down and buy a couple packs of receiving blankets at the very least, and probably some t's or sleepers, as those things have to be washed before he wears them. I am assuming he will be born a peanut, so will just get a couple of packs of newborn gowns probably.

Is this silly of me? I think it is a little bit of self preservation, but just wait till after he is home with us, no holding me back then!

December 1st tomorrow, I would have never thought we would make it this far and be in such good shape to boot, I am SO thankful! I am hoping December flies by, I am 36 weeks at Christmas, and 37w at new years and it will be time to have a baby before we know it, I can't wait, I am ready to meet this little boy.

Thanks all for all the good thoughts, I will update after our growth scan on Monday, I am hoping to see an almost 3lber then.

Catherine

jana m

Postby jana m » Thu Nov 30, 2006 06:36 pm

Glad to hear things are status quo. I think about you and baby Sam all the time. Keep it up!!

robertmyangel

Postby robertmyangel » Thu Nov 30, 2006 05:21 pm

Glad to see your update. We are still here with you, checking in everyday, praying and hoping for a healthy, strong baby.

Thanks for the update!

kerbear

Postby kerbear » Wed Nov 29, 2006 09:19 pm

Thank you for the up date. I check up on you almost every day and start to get worried if too many days go by!!!

Hang in there!!

KERRY:)

catherineg

Postby catherineg » Wed Nov 29, 2006 08:33 pm

Just a quick update, as there isnt much to report!

All is status quo, I have a NST tomorrow- and a growth u/s on monday, praying this little one is close to 3 lbs, will update when i have more news-

Dr is talking about doing an amnio at 37 weeks for lung development, but possible letting me go till 39 weeks depending on the baby and placenta etc- but for now, all is ok.

I do feel Sam has reduced movements in the last few days, but he is moving, just downs seem as strong - we will see how the NST is tomorrow-

Thanks everyoine for keeping me in your thoughts, it means so much to me!

Catherine

kazzabazza2

Postby kazzabazza2 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 05:56 am

Catherine,

You are a true miracle! Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Keep us posted. MY thoughts and prayers are with you as always.

Karen

leighann

Postby leighann » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:03 pm

He is a precious little angel. A true miracle!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”