preeclampsia and other pregnancy problems

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
pplbutterfly_baby

Re : preeclampsia and other pregnancy problems

Postby pplbutterfly_baby » Wed Jul 27, 637966 8:00 am

well, it will actually be 2 weeks on tuesday so i havent really reached the 2 week mark yet. I dont have any way of monitoring my BP at home and they didnt give me any special instructions other than to not overdo myself. do you think that with these problems(the PE and the heart arithmia) that i will still be able to have a natural delivery. I would like to go without and medication if possible and would like to avoid a C-section if possible. I have been getting headaches a lot and my feet and hands are swollen a lot(people say my face too but i cant tell) and i see spots. Ive told my doctor this but they made no comment on it.

julie f

Re : preeclampsia and other pregnancy problems

Postby julie f » Wed Jul 27, 637966 4:59 am

Christy,

I am so sorry for the troubles that you are experiencing.

A diagnosis of preeclampsia requires 300mg of protein in a 24 hour sample and two bp readings of 140/90. I am glad to know that your care is being managed by a high-risk OB. Are you also able to monitor your bp at home?

As far as what to expect - the average time from diagnosis to delivery is two weeks. You have just passed two weeks so that is good news, but even more reason to monitor yourself very closely. Here is a link to our Signs & Symptoms page: http://www.preeclampsia.org/symptoms.asp Please review it and if you notice that any of your symptoms progress, or new ones develop, don't heistate to head straight in to L&D to be checked out. Also, keep up with your kick counts, it's the best way to monitor baby at home.

We are here to help with any questions and to offer support, please don't hesitate to use us!

pplbutterfly_baby

preeclampsia and other pregnancy problems

Postby pplbutterfly_baby » Wed Jul 27, 637966 4:48 am

my name is christy, im 19 years old and 32 weeks pregnant with my first child(its a boy)Im already scared enough as it is and now there are all these problems coming up. first i find out that he has a heart arithmia which makes his heart rate speed up to almost 300(298 was the highest i saw) and then go all the way down to 50. i believe i found this out at about 26 weeks. then i found out at 30 weeks that i have preeclampsia. they said it was mild but still. they have said i have 300 milligrams of protein in my urine which i dont know if that is really high or just a little high.I already have a high risk doctors appointment once a week along with a level 2 ultrasound and 2 boiphysical profiles every weeks. in the past month and a half i have been in the hospital about 4 or 5 times. Im really scared and nervous about this. I have no idea what to expect and i dont even understand everything. can somebody help me please. any info or advice will help.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”