Sad news and a ?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
jana m

Re : Sad news and a ?

Postby jana m » Sun Apr 01, 2007 05:35 pm

Beth,
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. My grandma actually passed away the same day that two of my girls did (Sophie and Gabriella). She died a few hours before they did. She and I were extremely close as well.

It's so hard.

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Fri Mar 30, 2007 07:27 pm

So sorry about your loss. I was very close with my grandmother as well. I'm very sorry.

I hope you did call--those are high numbers and I know your grandmother would want you to take care of yourself--even though I know it's very hard right now.

Sending hugs.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Fri Mar 30, 2007 03:40 pm

((Beth)), I'm so sorry about your loss of your grandmother.

Please do let the people at L&D figure out if it's just stress or not -- especially since regardless of *why* it's up, having it go up can cause other factors to elevate and then the whole thing can snowball.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Fri Mar 30, 2007 01:48 pm

I'm so sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing.

Those are very high pressures that need to be evaluated properly, I'm afraid. Hitting those levels is cause for concern. Let us know how you get on.

minion26

Postby minion26 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 01:26 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. What a horrible thing to go through at this time.

I know everyone is different, but it may not be stress that's causing your bp to go up. My bp is always wonderful when I'm stressed for some strange reason. I'd definetely call the doctor!

shelbys mom

Postby shelbys mom » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:39 am

sorry to hear about your grandma, my sympathies

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:18 am

Yes, you need to call in. Even if it is stress that is making your bp's high, if your OB said to call in with those numbers you need to do so. I am so sorry for the passing of your grandmother. I will be thinking about you.

heather100

Postby heather100 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:18 am

Huge hugs to you, Beth! I am so sorry to hear about loosing your grandmother. I would definitely call the doctor.

Have you rechecked it lately?

lbdefelice

Postby lbdefelice » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:16 am

I am so sorry about the loss of your grandmother. I know how hard it is to lose a family member while you are pregnant, but please CALL and/or SEE your OB. I know you have been under stress, but those pressures are really high. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Please keep us updated!!

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Fri Mar 30, 2007 09:28 am

CALL! I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother, it must be so awful for you, losing a loved one is just the hardest thing in the world, my heart goes out to you. Please call the doctor, those pressures are really high, and you have a lot to deal with in the next couple of days, maybe the doctor can give you some guidelines about activity and what you can do. My thoughts will be with you and your family.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”