Doc Appt and what to do now?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
megansmom
Registered User
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 06:16 pm

Re : Doc Appt and what to do now?

Postby megansmom » Fri Jul 27, 2007 05:02 pm

Well Hubby and I had a talk last night. We are cancelling the IUD and he is going to go for the big V. It just makes sense for us. We don't want any more children nor do we want to take the risk of me having more complications with another pregnancy. Plus the V is cheaper than a tubal. I got his consultation appt set up. I am so ready to not have to worry about babies any more. Thanks for all your help and support.

mom2tori
Registered User
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:57 am

Re : Doc Appt and what to do now?

Postby mom2tori » Thu Jul 26, 2007 08:42 pm

That is a hard decision to make and I wish you the best in your decision. If it were me I would I call and ask if I could make the next appointment a little longer and go over all the options. Have you and your dh discussed this? Are there any feelings that this could be wrong? Good luck to you, I wish I could help you more.

rachel a
Registered User
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 07:38 pm

Re : Doc Appt and what to do now?

Postby rachel a » Thu Jul 26, 2007 07:35 pm

That's a tough call for us to make... that's really a decision you should make and be comfortable with. An IUD could be a good temporary, long-term solution and after that time if you decide for a permanent fix, then go ahead, but that's my thought... you KNOW what you want. However, if you KNOW that you don't want more children, cancel your IUD and continue to your appointment for the additional tests.

Good luck!

megansmom
Registered User
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 06:16 pm

Doc Appt and what to do now?

Postby megansmom » Thu Jul 26, 2007 07:24 pm

I went to the doctor today to discuss birth control and get my yearly check up. I felt so rushed and didn't get all of the info I wanted. What happened to my caring doctor? Anyway, I do have an appt with the nurse practitioner to do some more tests and to discuss a possible thyroid problem. He has also ordered an IUD for me, but I'm thinking I would like to go with something more permanent. I DO NOT want any more babies. I don't know what to do at this point as far as the bc issue goes. Should I call and cancel my IUD order or just wait and see what comes of my appt next week. You ladies are GREAT!


Return to “Ask the Experienced”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests