Do you still have daily pain from c-section?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
christine lyn

Re : Do you still have daily pain from c-section?

Postby christine lyn » Tue Dec 18, 638283 12:35 am

Well it's been 3 years for me and I still at times get a pain or like a pulling feeling exspecially if I move or stretch a certain way. I had problems with my c-section so maybe that's why.

rebeccac

Postby rebeccac » Mon Dec 17, 638283 9:07 pm

I had "burning" pain with mine no stabbing pain though. I was told by OB's office to use OTC pain meds and cold and/or hot compresses when needed. A call into the Dr. is a good idea to rule anything (infection, etc...) out.

I still have a tingly feeling at the incision site from time to time but it's not pain (section was in '06). Hope you find some relief![:)]

aggie95mom

Postby aggie95mom » Mon Dec 17, 638283 7:05 pm

I'm sorry for your pain. I've been there and it's no fun. Mine went away after about 9 months and then it was just on occasion that it would hurt. About a year after my c-section, my massage therapist (with the okay from my doctor) began doing some sort of massage in the scar area that was intended to help break up the scar tissue, I think. Extremely uncomfortable at first, but in the end, felt a lot better. The area where my incision was done is relatively smooth now. I'm hoping this bodes well for my repeat c-section with this baby (maybe easier and quicker to get through the scar tissue).

laura

Postby laura » Mon Dec 17, 638283 3:53 pm

I had pain for at least a year- you name it, turning, coughing, the weather was cloudy-it hurt. I read something at the time about cut nerves misfiring or something. It had to be part of it because a majority of the pain went away when I had my second section.

It appears that I've developed quite a bit of scar tissue and I think that is probabably part of it, too. I think they might have some excercises you can do to help with that,so I second the opinion to talk to your doctor about it.

In the meantime, I'm a big fan of motrin and heat packs!

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Mon Dec 17, 638283 1:03 pm

I would put a call in as well. I was sore for a few weeks after. I still have the numbness, but I never had any of the pain that you are talking about with either of my sections.

heather100

Postby heather100 » Mon Dec 17, 638283 7:16 am

I didn't have pain for that long. Just the numbness. I'd put a call into your OB and see what he/she says just in case.

jonandkatsmom

Postby jonandkatsmom » Mon Dec 17, 638283 5:18 am

Hi Missy,
I had pain only for a short time (maybe 4-6 wks)after the section I had 7 yrs ago. (I still have the numbness many others have mentioned.) I sure would have it checked out if I were you. I would strongly tell my doc that something wasn't feeling right and tell him/her about the other surgery too. Good luck!

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Mon Dec 17, 638283 1:50 am

That's no fun. I really didn't experience anything like that with any of my four sections. Some pain the first eight weeks, but then, and now, it's more of a strange numbness around the incision sight. I would ask to have it checked out. Maybe a staple or stitch was left behind.....[:0]

bcrnjo

Postby bcrnjo » Sun Dec 16, 638283 10:03 am

Hi.... it took me about 1- 1.5 yrs to fully recover...meaning to get rid of the occasional numbness that also went along with it. I'd say 1 year until all the stabbing & burning stopped. HTH's!

hhbeachgurl

Postby hhbeachgurl » Sun Dec 16, 638283 9:20 am

I had the burning sensation occassionally, especially if I moved in a weird way for about 6 months probably, but it defintly wasn't daily. Sorry I can't be of more help

Return to “Ask the Experienced”