Another At-Home Urine Testing Question

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
hols537

Re : Another At-Home Urine Testing Question

Postby hols537 » Sun Sep 21, 638302 10:10 am

So, I had to call for another reason so I decided to ask. She said, just go with which ever is closer. So, I told her about what I had gotten this weekend and we'll see if the docs want to do anything about it. Of course, if they're going to worry over anything, it's more likely to be the contractions I told her about too - ugg, because that will mean another trip to triage and trying to figure out what to do with a 1 YO while I'm there!

ilovecow

Postby ilovecow » Sun Sep 21, 638302 10:02 am

quote:Originally posted by hols537

Thanks. Do you know what to do when the color is literally between 2 of the blocks?

good question... those colors are hard to interpret. Personally, I go with the lower of the two if it is in between, but I have no idea what medical professionals do. I bet your nurse can help... and I'd love to hear what she says if you do ask. :)

hols537

Postby hols537 » Sun Sep 21, 638302 9:25 am

Thanks. Do you know what to do when the color is literally between 2 of the blocks?

ilovecow

Postby ilovecow » Tue Sep 09, 638302 8:44 pm

My protein always go up during the day too. I've read that bedrest can lower protein in the urine, so maybe taking it first thing in the morning after being in bed all night has something to do with it. Even though I am on bedrest all day, I do sit up in bed sometimes and occasionally wander into the kitchen to get some food.

You could ask you doctor what they recommend... but otherwise, I'd say just be consistent. If you test with first morning urine, always test with first morning urine. If you test after lunch, always test after lunch, etc. That way you can catch any "trends" if it appears your protein is increasing and it will be less likely due to the time of day.

canserb3

Postby canserb3 » Tue Sep 09, 638302 5:12 pm

As always, call to make sure, but the peri has me checking first thing in the morning.

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Tue Sep 09, 638302 2:15 pm

I have never tried the at-home kits, but I would probably call just to be safe.

hols537

Another At-Home Urine Testing Question

Postby hols537 » Tue Sep 09, 638302 1:52 pm

Anyone know when the "right" time of day to check urine is? I've been checking mine in the morning and usually get negative or trace. However, yesterday I checked in the evening and got something between trace and +. Checked again this morning and it's in between - and trace. That seems like a big swing in about 12 hours. Plus, I'm supposed to call at + and would feel silly calling in and then dipping negative at the office... BTW, BPs are still in normal range.

I know they can be inaccurate and influenced by hydration, but wouldn't I be more hydrated toward the end of the day than the morning?

Thanks!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”