Question before we TTC again

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
julie f

Re : Question before we TTC again

Postby julie f » Thu Apr 02, 638607 11:29 am

Colleen,

Is the OB you'll be seeing a high-risk? If not, in your shoes, I'd want to consult with one as well.

canserb3

Postby canserb3 » Thu Apr 02, 638607 3:15 am

Funny thing is that I just started to log my readings yesterday in preparation for seeing the OB. I ended up with a C-sec with the first pregnancy, but am hoping to TTC a little sooner so that we can finish up with making babies and get on some stronger BP medication. Prior to this last pregnancy I did not have any BP issues, but was not able to shake it after the delivery. Thankfully DD was healthy and we have a happy healthy 8 month old.

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Thu Apr 02, 638607 2:55 am

For me my OB took over the BP med management at the first appointment and I was like you, I came into my pregnancy on meds and was preexisting. It's important that the OB get a good idea of what your 'baseline' is so keeping a log, even while TTC might not be a bad idea - that way that can say for sure what your BP's are outside of pregnancy while on meds. As far as it going up while pregnant I can say that for the first trimester it stayed relatively the same, I had that great second trimester dip, and then during the third trimester it started to get really liable (I never spell that word right - I'm sorry!) but I also delivered early due to fetal indicators.

Hope this helps!

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Thu Apr 02, 638607 1:38 am

My GP put me on meds that would be "safe" during pregnancy, had I gotten pregnant while on meds. However, I stopped taking BP meds before we got pregnant (probably about 6 months before), and now that I'm pregnant if I have any BP issues, my OB manages it completely.

Good luck on your TTC journey. :)

canserb3

Question before we TTC again

Postby canserb3 » Thu Apr 02, 638607 1:30 am

Hello,

It has been a while since I posted. I experienced HBP throughout my pregnancy with my daughter born August 5, 2008 without Pre-e rearing its ugly head. My BP issue was considered preexisting since it started very early in the pregnancy. I am still experiencing HBP issues now (taking 200 mg Labatelol 2 times daily, 30 mg Procardia 1 time daily).

My question to you is....

I have an appointment with a new OB (was unhappy with my care for the first baby)and am hoping to get the OK to TTC this spring. Currently, my GP is taking care of my BP. Do the OB/GYN usually take that over during the pregnancy since the odds of it rising are probably pretty good? For those of you who dealt with this in the past, how did your doctors handle this?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”