I had posted a little while back about my BP.

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
mylittlesquirt79

Re : I had posted a little while back about my BP.

Postby mylittlesquirt79 » Tue Apr 06, 638619 11:34 pm

Well I was sent back to L&D late this afternoon for more observation. I had been trying to stay laying down on my own, no doctors orders for bedrest. But I have a 14 month old that I have to help take care of so I can not stay down all the time. But anyways, I had gotten up just long enough to get some tylenol cause I had had a slight headache all day that was gradually getting worse. I was up not even a minute and before I layed back down I took my pressure, it was 158/109. So I called the doc that I am seeing while mine is on vacation. I was monitored for 2 hours, BP was not near as high but varried I had one high systolic reading and the diastolic averaged low to mid 90s. I only had one normal reading the whole time I was there. They didn't do any blood work or take any urine this time. Anyways, they wound up discharging me and officially put me on modified bedrest, saying that they want me to at least make it to 37 weeks. That is in two days. I asked the doc earlier what my level was from my last 24hr catch earlier this week and he said that my protein level was 315 at that time. I have my next appt on Tuesday, so we will see what happens then I guess.

kotokage

Postby kotokage » Mon Apr 05, 638619 11:45 pm

Sorry they're being so frustrating. It can be so hard to get straight answers sometimes and confusing when they say they'll do one thing but something else happens. They probably will induce you next week. In my experience they act like it's not a big deal until all of sudden you're having the baby TODAY. Keep an eye on that BP and your symptoms.

mylittlesquirt79

Postby mylittlesquirt79 » Fri Mar 26, 638619 5:04 am

Thank you for the reply! Yes the doc knows that my readings have been getting up that high. Heck at my last appt which was on monday my reading there was 144/102, the doc I saw (which is not my usual doc) sent me to L&D to be monitored for 24 hours and to do the last 24 hour urine and blood work. But after being there for just a couple of hours and getting good readings while laying down they called my normal doc and he sent me home to finish the 24hr catch. But while I was there I managed to talk the nurse into letting me sit up for a bit so that they could see what it does. Sure enough the very next read it started going up, in a half hours time of sitting I went from normal 120s/80s to 141/101. They had the machine set to read every 15 minutes, the first read after sitting was 130s/90s then the second was the 141/101. Anyways, the nurse came in and told me I was going to have to lay back down. A couple more readings laying down which was normal and she was in with the discharge papers. My doc has yet to put me on any kind of bedrest, but I have been doing my best to stay down as much as possible. But that isn't very easy, I have a 14 month old daughter who I have to take care of. I will be seeing the other doc again at my next appt and he seems to be taking this more seriously then my actual doc, so hopefully something will be done since I am now starting to spill protein. Sorry for the big long book, it just frustrates me that my actual doc keeps seeming to want to blow this off!

julie f

Postby julie f » Fri Mar 26, 638619 2:19 am

Angie,

Does your doctor know about the 140/100 readings? Those are high... high enough that in my non-medical opinion, it should really be noted and checked out. If in your shoes, I'd call and want to be seen before your appt next week, I'd also want to know what the numbers were for my 24 hour.

If you start to experience any new or worsening symptoms, please go in and get checked out right away. You're just about full-term, there is no reason to take chances. Please keep us posted.

mylittlesquirt79

I had posted a little while back about my BP.

Postby mylittlesquirt79 » Thu Mar 25, 638619 5:45 pm

My BP has been labile since June, it will get high while I am sitting up but would be normal while laying down. Doc at first blamed my monitor, but he finally started kinda halfway listening to me. I have since done two different 24hr collections, the first came back normal and he just called with the results of the second one. He didn't give me any numbers or anything, but said that the protein level was slightly elevated this time. He didn't come out and say that I had preeclampsia, but common since tells me that I am. I don't know what is next, outsid of telling me about the levels he didn't say much. Just asked if I was starting to experience any other symptoms, to which I told him the only thing is maybe a few more floaters then normal (I have always had floaters). All he said was ok follow up with doc so and so at your next appt next week. Anyways, I will be 37 weeks at that appt so I am hoping that they just go on and decide to induce me before things get to bad. I have noticed that my pressure is slowely getting worse when I am up, in the beginning it was normally running 130ish/90ish. But the last few days I have had alot more high 140ish/100ish.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”