24 Hr urine results

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
love_the_daschies

Re : 24 Hr urine results

Postby love_the_daschies » Tue Apr 06, 638619 12:45 pm

From my limited knowledge you creatinine is good. There are three possible criteria in order to get listed for a kidney transplant. One of these is when you creatinine falls below 20. So your kidneys are NOT failing. I hope this may ease your worry a bit :)

Jamie

jokell2

Postby jokell2 » Tue Apr 06, 638619 7:30 am

that number is my 24 hour creatinine, whatever that is. I've tried to find a reference online but no luck.

meredith

Postby meredith » Tue Apr 06, 638619 6:38 am

33.9 is that your protein? less than 9 is normal.

jokell2

Postby jokell2 » Mon Apr 05, 638619 8:25 pm

So I looked online to see if the steroid shots raise blood pressure like he said and the only thing I saw that it affects is blood sugar. His reasoning for not wanting to give the shot was b/c it would cause problems with me and raise my blood pressure, now after reading the stuff online I don't think he knows what the heck he's talking about.

jokell2

Postby jokell2 » Mon Apr 05, 638619 7:48 pm

Thanks ladies. On monday I'm going to voice my concerns about my care with my peri and ask him about the steroid shots. Unfortunately I know he won't take over my care without it being my OB's decision, but I will have him recommend care guidelines and I will tell him how uncomfortable I am seeing many different doctors now that I have been diagnosed. I just don't feel that is the safest thing for me or my baby. Not to mention it's a hassle for me to have to bring a different doctor up to date on my situation at every visit.

Next Thursday I see a different OB one that I haven't even seen so far this pregnancy so you can imagine all the "updating" that will have to be done.

The doctor I saw yesterday told me that steroid shots raise your blood pressure, is that accurate? I haven't heard that before.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Fri Mar 26, 638619 7:23 am

I'm with Julie - can you call the other OB tomorrow to ask about doing the steroids? Hopefully your MFM will be more on top of things Monday & you can get the shots just in case. Keep resting this weekend if you think it helps. (((HUGS)))

julie f

Postby julie f » Fri Mar 26, 638619 2:13 am

Oh goodness... I would be beyond frustrated as well... Is there any way to just stick with one doc there, or to call the original doctor you spoke with to ask about those steroids? I'm so glad your peri appt is Monday, hopefully he/she can make sure that you're covered.

I'm not sure about the creatinine results but you could put in a call to the lab, or to your peri.

Keep us posted.

jokell2

24 Hr urine results

Postby jokell2 » Thu Mar 25, 638619 11:08 pm

My last 24 HR urine test was done at the beginning of June and it was 150. I got my results today from the one I did this week and the results are 432. When I went in on Monday with high BP my Dr. ordered the 24 HR test and said if it was elevated then we would do the steroid shots. So I saw a different Dr. today (one that I'm not fond of) and he said my protein level looked good!! :-0 Can you believe that??!! Since when does a diagnosis of PE "look good"? I mentioned to him what the other OB said on Monday about steroid shots if it was elevated and he of course had a different opinion thinking it wasn't needed. I'm SOOOO sick of these different opinions it's driving me NUTS! I seriously felt like crying in there. Not to mention I waited 1.5 hours to be seen again! It ended with him saying the decision for steroids will be up to my Peri which I see on Monday for another ultrasound. So todays visit was for nothing!! I don't even understand why I have to go there..... they do NOTHING but contradict each other weekly. The OB on monday felt bedrest was needed so she limited my activities and told me no long store trips, etc. just be a "couch potato". He today said he didn't think that was needed, just to "take it easy." I honestly felt like screaming! Oh and he said me protein looked good today on the dip stick..."See it's already better than what it was when you started the 24 hour test b/c it only showed up as trace today." He seems like he knows what he's talking about huh?

I do have a question about the 24 HR creatinine urine results... they were 39.3 mg/dl Is that within normal range?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”