6 weeks PG - High BP Already?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
jules2

Re : 6 weeks PG - High BP Already?

Postby jules2 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:59 am

Try not to read too much into these kind of signs, I just don't think they are good enough predictors of what will happen.

In my last pregnancy I had a great BP drop (normal for me is 125/77, dropped to 100/60 or even lower) for most of the pregnancy and everything looked good until the last few days. The BP drop clearly didn't help me much :-(

Sorry, I know how hard this is ...

jennigator3

Postby jennigator3 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:44 am

It was taken with the same monitor, and the one at the doc was 129/80 and they didn't seem to be worried at all. I am just so jumpy and anxious I am probably just doing this to myself. I am praying for a pre-e free pregnancy and I am very paranoid about "signs" that I'll get it. thanks for the reassurance, I am glad I have everyone here to turn to.

jules2

Postby jules2 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:31 am

Please ask your doc if you are worried, but that looks like a small increase, that wouldn't be enough to concern me. were they all taken with the same BP monitor? - I seem to vary quite a lot depending on who takes it and with what type of monitor.

Best wishes

alexa5

Postby alexa5 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:29 am

I think a lot of people have a slight rise in their first trimester, then sometimes have a second trimester dip. I am not a doctor, but I wouldn't be concerned about that slight increase in the first trimester.

jennigator3

6 weeks PG - High BP Already?

Postby jennigator3 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 09:28 am

I just found out that I am pregnant again after having a 33-weeker in 2008 due to severe pre-E. I have been monitoring my BP levels since I had him and they have been great, never above 117/75. Right after my BFP I had a few readings done and I am already 120/80, is this a sign of things to come? I realize it might be anxiety, but this seems like a bad thing to be happening already. I am very scared that pre-E will happen again. Is this early BP rise something to be concerned about?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”