Considering baby after Pre-eclampsia lost

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re : Considering baby after Pre-eclampsia lost

Postby caryn » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:36 am

Here's a link to the symptoms of preeclampsia. I would be on the lookout especially for headaches that don't go away with Tylenol (acetaminophen) and pain in the upper right of the abdomen.

Antiphospholipid syndrome can go along with preeclampsia, but it sounds like her docs have ruled it out? It is a kind of autoimmune disease.

Congratulations on a first trimester!

sanjay_sg

Postby sanjay_sg » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Just an update, my wife has completed here 1st trisemester and so far we have no issues and her weekly bp seems to be normal. Is there any other symtomps that show pre-e other than bp rise and hand, foot, face swelling.
She complains headache sometimes and also giddyness. But not so severe.
Please advice.

sanjay_sg

Postby sanjay_sg » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:11 am

Today I had visited the Gyno and my wife by was normal. Her simple scan showed that the baby's heart beat is all good, but the disturbing part was around her womb on both the sides we could some black spot and dr said it is her mensus and it is not good for the baby. My wife was give 2 shots of Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate 250mg and also gave us 6 shots of the same to be used 2 in 3 days interval. Dr also prescribed Aspirin, Duphaston and Folic Acid tablets to follow. We have the next appointment end of this month and Dr said there are other tests to do then to find out the reason of last miscarriage. Hope things go well and I'm now really stressed because of this, is there any successfull story in this blog that 2time preeclampsia did'nt occur to anyone ? One more thing, after hearing the last miscarriage news Dr said she doubts my wife might have AntiPhospholipid syndrom, can anyone pls explain on this.

Thanks for all your advice and stories.

blythe

Postby blythe » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:03 am

Sanjay, definitely ask your doctors, but I haven't read anything that says low blood pressure that happens naturally is a problem. I have read two things that might be useful: First, since your wife's bp is very low right now, she may develop preeclampsia before she meets the official diagnostic criteria bp of 140/90. In your shoes I would record her bps to show her doctor each time, and ask what numbers they would be concerned about for her. (An old criteria is an increase of 30/15 to suggest watching mom more closely, your doctors will have their own opinions based on their experience and reading.)

Second, if your wife's blood pressure gets very high and the doctors give her blood pressure medication, that is when you don't want bp to get too low, because when the placenta is used to high bps, low bps might mean that not enough blood gets through the placenta to the baby. Ask your doctors, but I think that's only if the mother has high bps in the current pregnancy and medications makes them artificially very low.

6 weeks is a good start. Hang in there!

sanjay_sg

Postby sanjay_sg » Thu Jan 07, 2010 01:08 am

Hi Lieanna, thanks for sharing your story and i'm really sorry for your first loss as I know how bad it will be, but i'm really happy that your daughter is doing well now and this is really encouraging for us.Thanks again.

picky_pooh77

Postby picky_pooh77 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 00:40 am

Congrats on your pregnancy. I hope that all goes well. I just wanted to say I understand how you feel. I lost my precious baby girl in January 2008 due to severe preeclampsia and hellp syndrome. She was delivered at 27 weeks. She weighed 1 lb 9 ounces and was 13" long. She was absolutely beautiful. She only lived a day and it was the hardest thing my husband and I ever faced. I almost lost my own life as well. However as fate would have it I got pregnant 3 months after the loss of my first child. I was absolutely terrified. I read all the articles just like you...just trying to figure out the probability of it happening again. According to all the research I read and the doctors I talked too because I had it so severe and so early I had over a 50% chance of getting it again. Well it did happen again...but not until later than the first time. I had to deliver my 2nd child due to preeclampsia at 31 weeks. She weighed just under 3 lbs. She spent over a month and a half in the NICU but you wouldn't know it today. She is now 14 months old and absolutely the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life. It is scary to do it again one thing that gave me a little hope was that I read an article where the doctor suggested that maybe it was better for someone who suffered from Preeclampsia to get pregnant sooner after having the illness than later because the blood vessels would not have enough time to return to their pre-pregnancy size. I think in my case this may have been true and I just wanted to pass my story on to you. Take care of yourself and your wife. I am hoping all the best for you both. (((Lots of hugs))) Lieanna

sanjay_sg

Postby sanjay_sg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:13 pm

I was checking blood pressure for my wife and it shows 97/59 and it is the end of 6weeks for her. Is there anything to worry about this low pressure during this time please advice. Tomorrow we'll go for the 1st visit to gyno.

brockner1

Postby brockner1 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 01:10 pm

Congratulations Sanjay! I am so happy for both of you...Ask as many questions here, everyone is so caring and supportive on this forum.

blythe

Postby blythe » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:57 am

Congratulations! Please keep updating for us and ask more questions if you need to. I hope you and your wife have an easy and healthy pregnancy!

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:56 am

Congrats Sanjay - I hope you two have a long and healthy pregnancy !

Return to “Ask the Experienced”