BP rise

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
julieb

Re : BP rise

Postby julieb » Sat Dec 12, 2009 03:20 pm

I am glad that you decided to go in to L&D and that labs and everything looked good. Take it easy this weekend!

rebecca2

Postby rebecca2 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:22 am

I'm glad you went in and all is well. I think just having peace of mind that things are ok, will help you relax. Will they be rechecking potassium levels in a few days?

patty

Postby patty » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:59 pm

Thinking of you update as soon as you can. Hopefully adjusting your meds will help bring it back down some. I know a lot of chronics have to have adjustment through pregnacy so maybe that is all there is to it.

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Fri Dec 11, 2009 08:12 pm

well - i am heading in to l & d now for a check - bp now 145/91 :(

I'll update when I get back.

rebecca2

Postby rebecca2 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 07:50 pm

Jamie, I completely understand not wanting to have some other doctor mess with your meds, but I would still call in and see what he says. He might just want you to try bed rest over the weekend.

I think it is normal to be scared as you approach the same gestational age that PE was diagnosed in a past pregnancy.

brockner1

Postby brockner1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 02:56 pm

Hi Jamie,

I hope you called your doctor. How's your BP now? Take care of yourself.

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Fri Dec 11, 2009 02:45 pm

Did you make the call? My bp in my most recent pregnancy shot up at 25 weeks and I had protein in my urine and I about had a nervous breakdown, thinking I was about to deliver another micropreemie. But the doctors got it down and I made it 10 more weeks after that. Keep us posted!

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:45 am

I know you know what I am going to say, make the call. It will be worth it for your piece of mind. Take care of yourself

love_the_daschies

BP rise

Postby love_the_daschies » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:07 pm

So I saw my MFM on Monday - my pressure in the office was 140/90 on the machine - 130/88 after manual retake. The 130/88 matches more what I have been seeing at home.

My MFM goes off my home values much more than the office readings. My home readings had been averaging ~ 125/84 ish. Great - see you in two weeks for a BP check and be prepared as you go back to work for your swelling to increase.

My swelling did get worse upon going back to work - not really surprising. BUT since Tuesday my BPs have been trending in the upper 130s/88-90 at home. I just took it after being home for 5 hours and got a 130/90 - retook 15 minutes later and got 140/85.

I will call my MFMs office tomorrow - but they will just have me see the dr. on call. I hate having other people mess with my meds- if that is what happens. Part of me wants to relax over the weekend - without work and see if that lowers my pressures and if not call on Monday when I can see my MFM and not the on-call dr.

I am just scared because Sunday marks the day I was admitted last time in my pregnancy with Vincent.

It;s odd because I know I would advice someone else to call their dr. - but me, well now I am trying to justify waiting until Monday because my numbers are nowhere near my call-in numbers of 155/95.

:sigh:

####

Back from L&D. My pressures were good after resting for a bit. They never got one higher than 127/83 - and I made them take that when I was sitting :)

labs = good :)

HOWEVER, I did have a pretty low potassium level - which explains why my chest was pounding so much and my heart felt fluttery. they supplemented and that was all :)

The dr. saw me during my hospitilization with Vincent and was adament I go out on modified bed rest now. She said she never prescribes bed rest - but they all saw what happened last time and she wants me to make it to at least 32 weeks. She was pretty firm saying I am just one of those women for whom pregnancy is not easy - and since they all want me to have a healthy baby - she wants me out of work.

I have to say - going in made me feel so much better :) :) :)

Return to “Ask the Experienced”