Thank you all...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
atvlady

Re : Thank you all...

Postby atvlady » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:07 pm

Thank you all. I am just confused and have NO clue what to watch for if I choose to have another baby. So if I don't know what to watch for, how can I tell if I am headed that way again???? I am just VERY VERY confused. I know what my body did the last time but now half the symptoms I had is not used as diagnostic for pre-e. So in my mind I would think that if I didn't know what is a actual "sign" that pre-e is creeping up then how can I ensure that my husband won't have to bury me and/or our baby? My liver is now normal, gallbladder is normal but my cholestreol is elevated. At the advice of my PCP he has referred me to a rheumotologist due to a severe form of arthiritis that runs in my family and ALL of the women who get it are inmobil by the age of 50 (my sister is 48 and has been inmobil for a year, confined to a wheelchair, it is pitiful.) My mother had this same arthiritis but progressed very slow and my middle sister had a VERY bad case of it while she was pregnant with her son and a couple years after but now has went into remission. I have joined a arthiritis research program were they test your DNA and am hoping for some answers from that. In the mean time, I don't know if I am coming or going. I have SO SO many hurdles in my and my husband's path right now and they keep mounting. And these aren't life events that just happens and you forger about them, these are PTSD events and such. I now suffer from severe depressive bipolar and on meds for it but in the past couple of weeks I have hit such a deep dark depression I just can't seem to pull out of it. I am seeing drs and counselors and they don't even have a answer for me and my husband. I don't know where to turn to or what to think. I would love more than anything to try and have another baby to feel like I actualy "conquered" something in life that once got me down but I am so incredibly confused. I have my appointment to get my tubes tied in February. I thought about the Mirena but my mom got pregnant with me when she was using a UID. Since pre-e and HELLP I hate to put ANYTHING in my body it doesn't need cause I don't know if something contriuted to it or made it worse. I am sorry I am rambling.....my husband and I have a VERY hard road ahead of us and right now there is no light visible at the end of the tunnel. The only way I can explain it is being in the thicket of the forest with a flashlight and your batteries run out. I'm confused, lost and have no idea what to think or put my trust in. If I knew exactly what to look for in my next pregnancy I wouldn't be hesitant but now I am clueless. My OB has already warned me about what HELLP could do to me and that is another thing I weigh in on. I know the signs of HELLP, TRUST ME! but the pre-e is what caused my HELLP, so my drs think. So if I don't want to get HELLP again and I want to live, then I need to know what signs to watch out for for pre-e. So that puts me at square one. I am clueless. I just want someone to listen to me when I say this was a symptom and not be ignored. I know what my body did, my husband knows. He saw it everyday and he is at a total disbelief about it all.
I'm just lost.....I have no clue what to look for or think.

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Oh Delissa,
I am so sorry you are having so many health issues - it's not fair that some people get bad luck after bad luck.

I would say also that I used the Mirena IUD - and it was fantastic! Just pop one it and it's good for 5 years. I throw this out there because I am not planning anymore pregnancies- but the IUD is just as effective as tubals according to data I have seen - so that is what I am going with.

Pus, you never know. Maybe your liver enzymes will get back down and you may want to give it one more shot. I wouldn't blame you if you don't - but I hate for you to want to and not have the option.

Either way - do what is best for you - we are still here if you wan tot vent/ brainstorm / just say high.

Take care of yourself.

mellybute

Postby mellybute » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:05 pm

You know what's best for you. We can't live on "what if's" in life, but what if by some miracle researchers figure out exactly how to prevent PE/Eclampsia/HELLP Syndrome? It could happen. You never know.

I wish you ALL the BEST too Delissa! You deserve good things! You have given me personally a lot of inspiration on here as I am sure many others. Keep your chin up girlfriend!!

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:49 pm

I'm one of those girls that regrets getting my tubes tied. I wish I would have gone with an IUD instead. It's your choice, but from what I have researched, it is hard to get the tubes undone. I wish you the best of luck.

patty

Postby patty » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:55 pm

((hugs)). You have been through something so traumatic. There are some girls on here who have done the same thing and then regretted it later. Maybe you could go with something less permanant like an IUD just in case you change your mind later. Whatever you decide it is your decision and I wish you all the best!

atvlady

Thank you all...

Postby atvlady » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:30 pm

who has listened to me and gave me advice. I am hanging it up on trying to have another baby. I am getting my tubes tied after the first of the year. Just wanted to say thank you on my way out. Good luck to all of you and I wish you nothing but the best with your pregnancies.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”