OMG...what just happened??? Scared...advice needed

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
hillary8l8

Re : OMG...what just happened??? Scared...advice needed

Postby hillary8l8 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:29 am

I would call your dr or go in as well. Did you check your BP at the time you were experiencing this? You should definitely get it checked out.

brandi101

Re : OMG...what just happened??? Scared...advice needed

Postby brandi101 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:22 am

my bp dropped and i got really dizzy but i would call ur doc today and tell them what happened when my bp dropped i was already in the hospital but i would call ur doc cause of it

myangel

OMG...what just happened??? Scared...advice needed

Postby myangel » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:12 am

OMG...I'm freaked out and home alone, can someone tell me please what just dropped my son off at daycare, was feeling fine, but tired. Came home and lay down on the couch for maybe half an hour on my left side. I got up to let my dog back inside the house and got weird vision like I've never experienced before and was dizzy. It took me a minute to stand up. It wasn't floaters, but more like wavy lines and flashing (sort of, I don't know how to describe it). I managed to make my way to the kitchen table which is like 15 feel away. This is when I realized I had no peripheral vision in my left eye. If I held out my hand to the left side even just out of line of sight, I could only see it if I was starring straight at it???
Okay, I've been sitting down at the kitchen table now for about 25 minutes and I seem to have my vision back to almost normal now, but am starting to get a bit of a headache (but not bad yet).
I'm on 200mg Labetalol 2x/day now. Its been about 2hrs since i took my last dose and my bp is at 114/73. This morning before my first dose my bp was at 145/89...could it be from the drop in blood pressure??

Please, any advice or support would be appreciated...I just got really freaked out. I have a dr's appointment tomorrow morning at which point we are going to talk about induction, so I will bring up what happened this morning with her.

P.s. I am 38 weeks pregnant

Return to “Ask the Experienced”