Going Crazy * UPDATED*

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
tracym

Re : Going Crazy * UPDATED*

Postby tracym » Thu Mar 04, 2010 09:48 pm

I remember that feeling well. Sorry you're still feeling crappy.

The fact that your headache is on the same side as the visual disturbance is quite worrying to me. Please do let them know.

33 weeks is fantastic! My 33 weeker just turned 5 :)

Keep on keeping on :)

thirdtimesthecharm

Postby thirdtimesthecharm » Thu Mar 04, 2010 08:35 pm

I know the exact silver sparkly that you describe! That's what landed me in the hospital for the weekend last time. Well, that and all the other symptoms I was having. They upped my BP meds and that combined with bed rest pretty much resolved my symptoms for a few weeks.

I'm glad your labs are coming back okay! It sucks to have all this going on and not know what is serious and what is just annoying. (((hugs))) 33 weeks is great. Hang in there as long as you can!

healinghands71

Postby healinghands71 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 08:24 pm

Hey Jamie
I posted on your comment before I read yours here... I am sorry you are not feeling well... (i wrote I was happy you were) so how about , i amglad you are doing well (labs etc) but sorry you are not feeling well!!!

hand in there honey you are a trooper and thanks for your input, I wrote back :)

give sprout a high 5 for me :)

myangel

Postby myangel » Thu Mar 04, 2010 08:09 pm

Congrats on making it to 33 weeks!!! That's awesome...

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Thu Mar 04, 2010 08:04 pm

they are not sure - that is why we are doing the u/s tomorrow. But bloodwork looks good so that is a bonus

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Thu Mar 04, 2010 07:57 pm

I come on here all the time just looking for your posts! Im so sorry you had to experience visual disturbances. Wonder if its cause your BP went up when you got up? Those are scary!

SOOOO Glad baby is doing well. When I have days that I can't imagine being pregnant again all I do is think about you and how far you have come and how great you are doing!

Please if you see the visual disturbances again just tell them, I know its scary but you and I both know how fast PE can go bad :(

On the happy side...YAY 33 weeks!!! THAT ROCKS!

What are your docs saying about all your pains and vomiting?

love_the_daschies

Going Crazy * UPDATED*

Postby love_the_daschies » Thu Mar 04, 2010 07:52 pm

Well I feel insane. I have felt AWFUL the past two days. URQ pain, nausea w/ some vomiting, fatigue, blech.

Today my weight is up 2 pounds (well 1.7), I have a headache again and think I just had a visual disturbance a few hours ago. I was in the bathroom washing my hands when I saw a silver sparkly thing (~10% my field of vision in the center of the left eye) move straight across my eye surface. I was able to watch it go from one side to the other - it didn't disappear when I focused on it.

My URQ pain was so bad this morning I thought for sure it was my liver. But blood work thankfully came back fine. I am having an ultrasound tomorrow to see if we can find what is causing the pain since I have complained about it for a few days.

Now baby boy is doing AWESOME and seems to be perfectly content with his current living conditions. which I am thrilled about.

I just feel like I am crying wolf or crazy when I report these things because I have no proof in my labwork and he is doing so well. I know if I report the visual disturbance (silly me went back to sleep after it happened - but it hasn't happened again) we will talk again about delivery and I don't want things to be based on something I say.

Sigh - I FEEL like things have gone downhill again, but of course I can't validate this feeling which is so frustrating. I did report the return of the headache because I asked for meds for nausea and pain. Still not gone. But the pain is only on one side again (same side as the floater was though).

well, 33 weeks tomorrow. 11 days now in hospital bedrest!

******* UPDATED:

Reason for pain found - sludge in gallbladder. Glad to know I am not crazy imaging pain or it being liver related - on the other hand now on a low fat / low sodium / low carb hospital diet. I asked if they could just please bring me food I could eat rather than trying to figure it all out :p

Return to “Ask the Experienced”