Joint Pain and random B/P

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
emttink

Re : Joint Pain and random B/P

Postby emttink » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:01 pm

What a great question about the bouncing BP. I was wondering the same thing.

breannesmith55

Postby breannesmith55 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 09:23 pm

Trish, do you have any idea how long it can bounce up and down before they know if its pre e or not? and also is there any point in your pregnancy where they can say "okay your not going to have pre e" or do you just have to watch all the way to the end?

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Mon Aug 16, 2010 05:40 pm

Often with PE your BP will be labile - meaning it bounces from low to high and back before it eventually stays high consistently. I would certainly mention it to your Dr.

breannesmith55

Postby breannesmith55 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 04:54 pm

my bp does the same thing. My heart rate statys aound the 90s most of the time tho. no idea either. I have a little joint pain also, but I have gained some serious weight, so I'm thinking thats y. Sorry wish i could be more help.

emttink

Joint Pain and random B/P

Postby emttink » Mon Aug 16, 2010 03:18 pm

So for the past week or so i have had increased swelling in my feet and legs. Along with joint pain in ankles, shoulders, and knees and light headeness with racing heart rates. Like it will shoot up to the 140's just sitting watching TV. I have taken my blood pressure through out the days and it is random 115's over 60's, 90's over 40's, 130's over high 80's. Is this normal? With PE does your B/P have to stay high. Kind of concerned. I go to the doc on Wednesday, just don't know what to think about all this. Any advise would be great. Thanks Ladies!!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”