almost 37 weeks

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
skl

Re: almost 37 weeks

Postby skl » Sat Jul 01, 638952 12:50 am

I am so with you!

Both my girls were born at 37 w +/- and were both TOTALLY fine, if small. No NICU time, came home with us, no problems.

This time, I'm 31 weeks with twins, the signs of pre-e are coming on, though I am not offiicially diagnosed yet. (BPs are steadily climbing, I've had to go to L & D twice, and am home on prophylactic bedrest) and as much as I know the boys need to keep cooking, and I am doing my own atheistic-version of praying to keep them in there as long as possible (right now we're shooing for 34 weeks), I am so friggin' huge and uncomfortable and hormonally crazed that I just want this DONE ALREADY.

So I hear you. Loud and clear.

Best
Sarah

mrss

Postby mrss » Tue Apr 11, 638952 5:50 pm

With DD I felt like a ticking time bomb the last few months. I just wanted DD to be born.
Michelle (38)
DH (50)
Adam 6/10/06 at 37w2d, 5 lbs. 12 oz.
Julianne 10/4/10 at 35w5d, 5 lbs. 5 oz.

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Thu Mar 30, 638952 2:06 pm

you guys too- thanks for the encouragement and support
Mom to Olivia 4/4/2008 born at 34 1/2 weeks due to class I HELLP
Declan born 1/4/2011- no HELLP or PE- YEAH

RogueFemale

Postby RogueFemale » Thu Mar 30, 638952 10:17 am

Soon! So very very soon! I, too, know EXACTLY how you feel. We want what is best for our little ones, which often means keeping them right where they're at. Yet we also want all the fear and suspense to end. The fear is the big thing for me, as I watch my diastolic pressures stay up higher than they should be 24/7 now. So fearful something will happen again, like another abruption. Just want this guy safe in my arms! Hang in there!!!

celina

Postby celina » Thu Mar 30, 638952 5:23 am

I am so sorry you are feeling this way but I have to say I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'm starting to feel that way now and I'm only 30 weeks. I was told that we would not go past 37 weeks because of the degree of my son's IUGR but when I see the signs of pre-E coming, it scares the living daylights out of me because the IUGR has been happening for a while but I don't have an official pre-E diagnosis yet. It scares me to think what actual pre-E would do to my little guy.

I will include you in my prayers. You will be holding your sweet baby soon. Please know you are not alone in feeling this way. It sounds totally reasonable to me. You are at term and I know if I make it that far, I will be totally anxious about getting baby delivered.

Celina

jenmatt1

almost 37 weeks

Postby jenmatt1 » Thu Mar 30, 638952 2:02 am

Just venting but I was so worried about not making it to at least 34 1/2 weeks like my daughter. So it is ironic that now that I will be 37 weeks on Tuesday that I am ready for this all to be over and to have this baby now. Part of it is just the normal uncomfortable feeling of being this big and tired. The other part of it is that I just feel like a bomb waiting to explode- that if we push it to the c-section at 39 weeks that I will end up sick again or that something will happen to the baby if we wait that long. Then I feel guilty that I want this baby out and think I should feel grateful that we have made it this far without any complications. Can't wait to meet my new little man.
Mom to Olivia 4/4/2008 born at 34 1/2 weeks due to class I HELLP
Declan born 1/4/2011- no HELLP or PE- YEAH

Return to “Ask the Experienced”