how long for 24 hour protein results?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re: how long for 24 hour protein results?

Postby caryn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:19 pm

And...?
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

amandamm

Re: how long for 24 hour protein results?

Postby amandamm » Tue Oct 18, 2011 07:26 am

I think it depends on where you live. I used to be able to hand mine in early afternoon, and get the results back by the end of the day (between 5-6) But I know a few people who have to wait a day or two to hear back.

Good luck!
Mom to Addie & Evie, Pre-E x2 (34w6d & 37w2d)
due December 28, 2011!
In our hearts forever: missed miscarriage @ 10 weeks (July 2008) & miscarriage at 7 weeks (February 2009)

Addie Lu & Evie Too ~ Deda's Little Duds

mom29

how long for 24 hour protein results?

Postby mom29 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:16 pm

How long does it take for the results of a 24 hour protein test to be ready? I know it will be sometime tomorrow. Someone accidentally cancelled the order for my 24 test which the mfm found out when he called the lab. Fortunately, it was still in the fridge so they were able to run the test.

Depending on the results...I might be having my baby tomorrow! I'm guessing the numbers aren't going to be higher though because that would make it too easy. I'll go for having the baby at the end of the week then when I will be exactly 34 weeks.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”