Advice requested

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
User avatar
aajatwins
Forum Moderator
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 638619 9:30 pm
Location: Alabama
Contact:

Re: Advice requested

Postby aajatwins » Sat Nov 30, 639557 5:50 pm

I agree, a visit with the high risk OB might help you sort out your fears. Either way, your doctors sound like they have given you good care and you are now aware of all the signs and symptoms of PE. The more you know, the more vigilant you will be in another pregnancy. The best thing you can do is be your own advocate for good care.

It is a very personal decision to try for more children after a PE experience. All I can say is, think of yourself in 10 years and whether or not you would regret never having tried for another child. Many people thought (and said) that I would never have more children after coming close to death delivering my first two... but I love my babies and they were so worth it. And they are blessings to me, as was my experience, because I cherish our lives to much more now. I would never have been "done" after the first two, I always wanted more. My faith carried me through the second pregnancy and I'm so glad I didn't let fear get the best of my hopes!
I hope you find peace in your decision, whatever it may be.
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

mom29
Registered User
Posts: 1391
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 637035 8:38 am

Re: Advice requested

Postby mom29 » Sat Nov 30, 639557 2:53 pm

Since you were able to deliver around 37 weeks and it was only mild I wouldn't let that stop me from a much wanted baby. My mfm delivered my youngest at 33 weeks and he said it was okay if I have another one.

sam10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 638920 11:33 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Advice requested

Postby sam10 » Fri Nov 29, 639557 12:32 am

Fear won't influence whether you are going to get PE or not. I am very scared of going through the same thing again or die in a subsequent pregnancy. It helped me to discuss this with my MFM. During my pre-concetion consult we discussed a care plan, which made me feel much better. I know that I will not only be very sensitive to anything that could indicate PE, but also find a strategy to deal with my fear. If your doctor is not a high-risk OB, perhaps you want to schedule an appointment with one?
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
H (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
M (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Ottawa15
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Advice requested

Postby Ottawa15 » Thu Nov 28, 639557 10:08 pm

Hi there,

I have been following this website now for about 6 months. I have 3 healthy happy children. My 6 year old was born at 36 weeks naturally in December 2005. I was diagnosed with PIH at around 32-33 weeks and I think mild preeclampsia around 36 weeks. Luckily he decided he wanted to enter the world and came out the day I went to the hospital for further testing. Uneventful delivery, no magnesium, don't even remember Bp being really monitored that rigorsly. 2nd pregnancy no pe or high blood pressure baby girl born at 35 weeks via csection due to being breech in April 2007. My daughter was born 16 months after my son. 3rd pregnancy ended in miscarriage in April 2009. Became pregnant again in may 2009. This pregnancy I had a high bp reading at around 20 weeks. At this point was sent to a high risk ob. So I was being followed by both my ob and high risk ob. My bp was normal for the remaining of the pregnancy with a few high readings 140/90 with my highest being at 150/100. Ultrasounds had always been fine and baby always grew well. Protein was finally found at around 36-37 weeks of pregnancy around 300. Doctor scheduled induction for a Monday but my little girl decided to come out that day at 37 weeks on a Thursday vbac. Don't think my bp was high during labour she came super quick, as did all my kids, like 7 mins of pushing. So my question to you ladies is is would you risk having a fourth? I have recently seen my ob and she said I would probably experience pe again she couldn't say how severe. She told me it was ok to have a fourth. I have a few doc friends who also don't seem that concerned. Problem is this time around I am very well read in pe and what can happen. For my past pregnancies I did not read up on it and was unaware of the potential outcomes. I am torn in that I really want a fourth however am very anxious of dying. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.


Return to “Ask the Experienced”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests