Advice?? Confused, please help!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re: Advice?? Confused, please help!

Postby caryn » Thu Mar 19, 2015 03:24 pm

How was the appointment?

Don't apologize for being slow responding; we're used to people disappearing into emergency hospitalizations 'round here. I'm glad that wasn't where you were!
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

jex2015

Postby jex2015 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 04:26 am

Sorry I'm just responding I've literally been in bed for two days. No changes in how I feel. I started swelling Now and have a Dr's appointment tomorrow so hopefully I can find some relief to all of this! I did go buy a BP cuff and so far I haven't had any major spikes in my BP so fingers crossed still concerned however with everything else going on and now the swelling!

Thank you ladies it is so great that y'all are here for people!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Fri Mar 13, 2015 08:53 pm

How are you today?

Preeclampsia symptoms are hard to distinguish from normal pregnancy symptoms, but I think a lot of us have felt badly for a few days/ weeks/ months before hitting the diagnostic line. I know I was out of breath from early pregnancy, and hyperreflexic for quite some time as well.

Do you have a home bp cuff so that you can monitor for an increase in your pressures?
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

jex2015

Postby jex2015 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 06:41 pm

Thanks so much for your reply also! I feel really stuck!

jex2015

Postby jex2015 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 06:40 pm

From my understanding they just tested for Pre-e.. They did do some blood work on blood platelets or something like that... I am actually heading to the eye dr in a bit to rule out any vision problems.. Hopefully I can get some answers there as well..

jenh

Postby jenh » Wed Mar 11, 2015 02:27 pm

Did they run blood tests for HELLP syndrome? HELLP and PE are separate but related conditions. PE usually comes first, but it's possible to have HELLP without it. The indigestion-like pain under your ribs can be a sign of liver inflammation. If you aren't satisfied with the answers your doctor is giving you, get another opinion. Go back to L&D if you need to.
Jen
Wife to Brett 6/30/02
Mom to Ethne Joy 10/12/03, 35 weeks, severe PE
Mom to Catie Grace 12/8/06, 37 weeks, mild PE
Mom to Riley Faith and Gavin Arthur 7/7/09, 36 weeks, PIH 22 weeks, PE 31 weeks, severe post partum PE
Mom to four angels Grace (12/15/05), Ian (7/28/08), Declan (5/23/15), and Lucy (11/24/15)

jex2015

Advice?? Confused, please help!

Postby jex2015 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 03:14 am

Hello all,
I'm looking for some help or advice! I'm 28 weeks pregnant and have had a very hard pregnancy.. I went through hyperemisis gravidarum and that has let up! However the past few days I have been experiencing a headache and black spots in my vision also been having really painful what seems to be indigestion right below my rib cage. Tylenol nor Pepcid seemto help. I called my OB thinking maybe something was going on with my vision and they asked me to go to L&D because it was possible signs of Pre-e.. Blood pressure was great and labs came back fine and was sent home.. However I feel as if I'm going crazy my anxiety has picked up causing breathing problems and I just don't feel right.. I have started my research on Pre-e and came across a few different stories of not being properly diagnosed and of course this site came up. I really need help something just doesn't feel right and I can't imagine pregnancy being this hard and miserable! I've been to L&D so many times this pregnancy and they haven't came up with anything.. Now today they did all the pre-e tests and I'm just freaking out something is not right and I need answers! This is my 1st baby..

Return to “Ask the Experienced”