Light a Candle December 14

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Light a Candle December 14

Postby taras mom » Wed Dec 10, 2003 06:23 pm

I've already posted this under What's New, but I don't want any of you to miss it: This Sunday, The Compassionate Friends is having a worldwide candle-lighting memorial for all the little ones we've lost. Go to www.compassionatefriends.org for details.

I made it through Tara's birthday ok, with a little help from my wonderful husband and sisters. The anticipation was worse than the actual day. It does get easier with time. There's plenty of birthday cake in Heaven, I think.

Carol (38)
DH Bill (40)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel
taras mom

Re : Light a Candle December 14

Postby kimb » Wed Dec 10, 2003 09:56 pm

I'm glad it was easier than you anticipated. I find that to be true as well. I know I will be lighting candles for William and all his friends in heaven and have been asking others to do the same.
kimb

Postby twolfgram » Thu Dec 18, 2003 07:57 am

I wish I had seen this. I would have done it. We attended a memorial service at church on Dec 7 and received a candle we can light in memory of Erik. It was one year ago today that I found out he'd died at 29 weeks. I'm doing ok, tho. I just keep thinking how much better today is than last year at this time![8)]

Therese Mom to
Jonathan - 28 weeks born 10/4/95
Angel in Heaven - Erik 12/20/02
twolfgram

Postby annegarrett » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:53 am

Anniversaries of deaths are tough--especially around the holidays. Please know you are in our thoughts. The Grief and Loss chat was a really good place to share and feel less alone. I hope all of you who can--will join us next time.

Take care and big hugs from me to you--

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Return to Grief and Loss