Mother's Day

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
mrs. sagara

Re : Mother's Day

Postby mrs. sagara » Tue May 15, 2007 01:00 am

Updating on this year's experience. It was hard because everyone around me had babies after I lost Ben. My sister and both sister-in-laws and a close cousin managed to give birth before mother's day.
So this year I only called my mom and that's it.
I had no energy for anything else.
It is almost a year since our Ben passed away. And I realize that I am still so angry and disappointed and hurt.

Maybe my family minds, maybe they understand.
I don't know, we have never been that close.

All I know that I still find no peace in my heart only pain

for faith

Postby for faith » Mon May 14, 2007 05:14 pm

Sending so many peaceful wishes to all of you. I was thinking of you all yesterday, especially all the moms with no other children to hug. Sending hugs to you.......

lisainnj

Postby lisainnj » Mon May 14, 2007 02:36 pm

Oh, Cheryl, I'm sorry it was such a bad day, missing both your mother and your little girl. My father killed himself when I was 11, so I've been there too. Thoughts and prayers for you - may peace come to you. (((hugs)))

frumiousb

Postby frumiousb » Mon May 14, 2007 11:03 am

It was a dreadful day this year. Mother's Day has always been hard for me. I lost my own mother very young, to suicide. Mother's Day had always been our day together for just the two of us. Over the years, I learned to pretty much ignore the holiday's existence.

We had been so excited to finally conceive after years of trying and after I made it past 12 weeks, I didn't really think that anything could still go wrong. Right around Thanksgiving last year I joked to Bart that this would be the first year where I would really enjoy mother's day.

All I was able to do was stay in bed and cry.

Hoping the rest of you had more peace in your hearts. And hoping that I find mine again.

Cheryl

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Sun May 13, 2007 06:55 pm

Sending peace, and comfort to all today....

melissam

Postby melissam » Sun May 13, 2007 06:18 pm

I am sending you all much love and many comforting thoughts today.

dja

Postby dja » Sun May 13, 2007 04:51 pm

Happy Mother's Day everyone. I hope all of us mothers of angel babies can find some peace of spirit today!

mrs.magdaleno

Postby mrs.magdaleno » Sun May 13, 2007 03:49 pm

Happy Mother's Day. I wish all of you peace in your heart.

I didn't realize that this post was bumped from last year. What a difference a year makes. I read my post and the loss of Jake was so fresh. I had so much anger and bitterness in my heart. I can honestly say that I am in such a better place and I can now live for my son with a happy and grateful heart.

I MISS YOU SO MUCH, JAKE. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE WITH ME!

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Sun May 13, 2007 01:46 pm

Thinking of all our angel moms today. I hope that your day is peaceful. Sending each of you big hugs and love!

lisainnj

Postby lisainnj » Sun May 13, 2007 09:56 am

I had a bad day yesterday. I had told my husband a couple days ago I didn't want to go to the fireman's breakfast - which we do every year even though I don't like the food and the experience that much. I didn't want to add being in a public place with all that. So yesterday he tells me that the children really want to go - I got quietly very angry with him and went to bed and fell asleep. Then he started being overwhelmed with the kids and yelling at them and woke me up. When I was trying to fall asleep, there came into my mind a picture of a mother holding a baby as big as Francesca should be now. No comfort there - rage, loss, grief. I was screaming - silently - I couldn't breathe.

It's better this morning. Just church to get through. Last year I had five.

Return to “Grief and Loss”