Mother's Day

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
mrs.magdaleno

Re : Mother's Day

Postby mrs.magdaleno » Mon May 15, 2006 05:53 pm

Happy Mother's Day to all the angel moms and moms in general. This was my first Mother's Day without my Jake. I found out I was pg last year right after mother's day. Yesterday day was terribly hard on me. My family acknowledge me as a mother and that made me feel happy. I gave my mom framed pics of Jake and she loved them. My dh gave his mom the same thing and she said she would keep it in her room. I was very angry because Jake deserved to be out in the living room with the rest of his cousins. It made me feel like she was ashamed of her grandson, I'm so angry with her and I feel like taking the gift back.

josiah1112

Postby josiah1112 » Sun May 14, 2006 09:38 am

Thinking of us all that have had to post on this forum.There are no
words and people will never quite "get it". Perhaps we wouldn't
either if we had not lived what we had.

If there is any consolation - it will get better with time. For me having Max home makes the difference between a painful day and a Christmas day:)(I can't quite stop saying that!)

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sun May 14, 2006 09:36 am

Thinking about all of the angel mommies today.

kimb

Postby kimb » Sat May 13, 2006 06:47 pm

The last 2 years my husband and I have not participated in Mothers Day - we just made it a day for ourselves. I still can't bring myself to go out to brunch as we used to - so this year we are having a dinner at our house. I figured I could do that much. Now my inlaws have decided to also make it the "family" bday party for our nephew (he is doing Chucky Cheese today). They just don't get it!!!!!

melissam

Postby melissam » Sat May 13, 2006 06:04 pm

Happy Mother's Day to you all. It is a very difficult day for angel moms.

Laura, as for those who do not believe we are moms, let them think what they want. You are a mother. You created a life. You had that little baby moving around inside of you. Why people don't believe we actually had a baby in there is beyond me. They are just too dumb to know better I guess. But we do know better. We are mommies like no other. And of course our children are much better and cuter than theirs are. [;)]

You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

lilmomo1

Postby lilmomo1 » Sat May 13, 2006 12:51 am

This will also be my first Mother's Day, having lost my daughter Mallory only 2 months ago. My dh and I plan to visit Mallory tomorrow and I've been crying daily just thinking about this holiday.
What do you say to those who do NOT believe that we ARE mothers?
Does this holiday get any easier?

I'll be thinking of you all on Sunday and just know that our angels are smiling down on us and giving us eternal hugs on Mother's Day.

ikenichut

Postby ikenichut » Fri May 12, 2006 09:05 am

I want to say Happy Mother's Day to everyone! This will be my 1st Mother's Day, and even though my son is not physically here with me I know he is looking down on me wishing me all the happiness.

My Firstborn Son> Clintaveous Dalemon Andrew Hines Born stillborn due to severe preeclampsia 12-24-2005 @ 2:56pm 3lbs 2oz 16 inches

You will always be my bundle of joy!

hmoore

Postby hmoore » Fri May 12, 2006 08:47 am

I am not sure how many of you get the Share news letter but I got mine this week and it has a beautiful Mother's & Father's day dedication in it, to mothers and fathers who have lossed a child. It really helped me and I would like to share bits and pieces with you all hoping that these words give you all comfort:

I have a son. I have a daughter. I am a mother. I am a father. I do not take my child to the park like some parents do - but I take my baby everywhere in my heart. She was denied this earthy existence. I don't know why. He will play catch in the stars, not in the ball field. She will never shop for a prom dress at the mall, and he will never ask for the keys to my car. But they are our children nonetheless. I will wear her birthstone around my neck and think of him everyday. Acknowledge me on Mother's Day. Wish me a pleasant Father's day. I need that support and acceptance as much as you. I am a parent. Mother's day is to honor mothers and Father's day is to honor fathers. As spring brings fourth new life following the quiet healing of winter, let us welcome rebirth of hope in our own lives. In recognition of childless parents, and those who have loving children but also felt the heartache of the death of a child, this Mother's Day and Father's Day, my wish for you is one of peace, love and to call to mind the dignity of parenthood.

Like I said this was a article from the Share news letter and as I was reading it helped me find some peace with Mother's day approaching. I know that some of you get this news letter, but some of you do not. For those of you that do not I hope by reading this you find some peace. Happy Mother's Day to you all.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Thu May 11, 2006 09:46 pm

I am going to do something nice for my two sisters and Mom - maybe take them to lunch. I know how blessed I am to have my daughter, but after Elliott's loss, Mother's Day has turned into a bitter-sweet day.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Thu May 11, 2006 09:03 pm

I remember my first MD after Nate died. I spent it picking out his gravestone. Something else I never imagined I would have to do.

A peaceful Mothers' Day to everyone whose arms ache to be filled with their lost child.

Return to “Grief and Loss”