I Need Some Emotional Support

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
isabella

Re : I Need Some Emotional Support

Postby isabella » Thu Feb 14, 2008 06:29 pm

Thank you all for your replies. Actually my doctor contacted the nephrologists I was seen at the hospital and they will be sending him copies of the ultrasound as well as copies of my blood tests.

Thank you all.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Thu Feb 14, 2008 06:22 pm

Maria, I am so sorry that you are dealing with health problems now. Grief is enough to deal with and to add health problems on top of that is just a lot to handle all at once. Jen does offer some good advice about the nephrologist referral - I had some kidney issues after my loss and the nephrologist got down to the bottom of the problem and it was corrected. I wish you the best with your appointment tomorrow - keep us posted. Hang in there - we're here for you!

imemc3

Postby imemc3 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 06:07 pm

Happy Valentine's Day to you as well! I am keeping you in my prayers that everything will go OK on Friday. My thoughts are with you.

Elaine

joker

Postby joker » Thu Feb 14, 2008 06:06 pm

I think we all do the what if's, it is only natural to question everything, especially after a loss. FYI, I only have one kidney (right one removed for Wilms Tumor), it took my kidney about 5months to return to normal function. I have never had problems with it before the PE, but it sounds like your doc is taking it serious which is good. You might want to ask for a referral to a nephrologist. I hope your kidney ultrasound goes good, keep us posted.

arbarton

Postby arbarton » Thu Feb 14, 2008 02:27 pm

Hon, Im sorry to hear about all the health problems....you are going through so much. I will pray for you...((((HUGS))))

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Thu Feb 14, 2008 02:19 pm

I spent a lot of time doing what-if's after Griffin died, it is really horrible and does not do much productive for the grieving as far as I can tell. I do think that it is human nature to obsess that way. I am so sorry you are having health issues along with everything else, I hope you get some good answers and get on the road to feeling better.

for faith

Postby for faith » Thu Feb 14, 2008 02:16 pm

Thinking of you and hoping for some answers for you Friday, so sorry to hear of all your health issues.

I think wondering the "what if I had done this or that" is part of the grieving of our incredible loss.....try not to dwell on that too long, I know for me it has been not helpful, sometimes there just aren't answers :(

isabella

I Need Some Emotional Support

Postby isabella » Thu Feb 14, 2008 01:35 pm

Hello Everyone. As if grieving for the lost of my lovely girl isn’t hard enough now I am having all kinds of health problems. I had a doctor’s appointment and he found blood in my urine which I knew about, but my OB had told me that it might be a hormonal problem and he wanted to put me on the birth control pill to regulate the bleeding which is weird because it is nothing like a period. I wanted a second opinion. I checked with my other doctor and he took it more seriously since I had problems with my kidneys in the past due to preeclampsia and because I been having pain in my upper right side. He also said that my thyroid was way to slow and he increased the dose of my meds. I have an ultrasound this Friday to check on my kidneys and gall ladder and I am praying that everything comes out okay. Then I felt so sad because I didn’t look for a second opinion when I was pregnant, maybe my baby would be here with me. So many questions without any answers. Please wish me good luck this Friday. I also wanted to thank all of you because this web-site is a big support for me.
Happy Valentines Day!

Return to “Grief and Loss”