Craziness and Florida..

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
jsu_work

Re : Craziness and Florida..

Postby jsu_work » Thu Aug 07, 2008 01:50 pm

I'm hoping that feeling of compassion will make it's way in.

katevans

Postby katevans » Thu Aug 07, 2008 09:02 am

I worked in the Radiology field. I went back to work about two months after Kaitlyn died. Everyday I got a little stronger. The first time a baby came in on a vent for a chest x-ray though, I had to fight back my tears (Kaitlyn was on a vent). But after that incidence, I learned to expect the unexpected. I changed my thinking about sick little ones and children in general. I try to celebrate and be happy for all the ones that survive. Don't get me wrong, there is not a day I don't think about Kaitlyn and wish she was here, but I try to be realistic of all the problems she would have had to overcome.
Having lost a child and working in the medical field has also given me more compassion towards others and understanding the difficult decisions that family members have to make. I think you will do a great job as a nurse, just take it one patient at a time.

anyu42

Postby anyu42 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:25 am

My mother is a nurse and she said in her 45 year career that she has seen all sorts of people successful in nursing were also successful in other areas. Creative Areas. Like Jewlery Designer, an Artist, etc. You can work at nursing and love it, and you can have an avocation, your art and do that too. Enjoy your success, you're having an art show!

jsu_work

Postby jsu_work » Tue Aug 05, 2008 02:29 am

So I visited with my Aunt. I was sorrounded by her lovign 5 cats. I visited the ocean quite a lot. I embraced the grief. It wasn't exactly easy to admit that the grief was still there. We wrote poetry and played scrabble. I watched the sunrise I may have an art show in A fLorida church in November.Chances of actually making money are quite limited, but it would give me time to also visit with my aunt again. I missed my cat and kitten though. I will stop by school tomorrow to sign up for nursing in the winter.
I just might be posting alot here. I'm worried how I will react to occluded IV noises and how to respond to really sick individuals. But that is many days from now. So I'll wait and see.

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Wed Jul 30, 2008 08:37 am

Jane, I do not often hand out practical advice, but I think you can get your degree, and you will always have it, even if you choose another path. A nursing degree is so valuable, you can always have work if you need it. As the others have said, though only you know what is right for you, follow your heart.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Mon Jul 28, 2008 07:43 pm

Jane..as Donna said, do what is right for you. You know, I love when people say...I had one of those "A-HA" moments and they figure life all out. Hmmmm...I have some of those moments, but they usually come when I find something I've misplaced...not exactly a life altering moment ; )

I enjoy my creative side like you do and I find a lot of satisfaction with it. While I love my job, it's not always the most creative outlet for me. So, when I get that unsettled kind of feeling, I know it's time to jump into a project or two.

Try to take it one day at a time, and endulge your creative side. Wishing you peace!!

neslo

Postby neslo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 09:40 am

Jane - You should do what is right for you - not what everyone else thinks is right for you. It's hard to navigate through the limbo we're in right now. It's good that you are asking yourself what you want you life to be like. Where you end up might not be anything like where you would have thought you'd be. I hope you find peace and some answers while you're thinking on the beach.

jsu_work

Craziness and Florida..

Postby jsu_work » Mon Jul 28, 2008 08:50 am

So I'm visiting my great aunt in Florida..
And no shock I'm a little stressed out.
The main highlights:
What do I do with my life? I have a contingent of people telling me nursing won't work for me because I'm too creative. I have a contingent of people telling me it's only one more semester..and I'm saying it's one more semester but I'm going to flash back so bad some days. Just an occluded IV gets me back to the first night. I won't have my support class mates to keep me on target. Hopefully I have a supportive teacher.
I'm worried that my husband might get sick. He's fine right now. I just panic every couple of days that he'll get sick.
And.. I guess while I'm at the ocean. I will ask everyday what my perfect life would look like and how I go about getting it..
But my perfect life is slightly marred. I'm still waiting on a pay raise so that I can afford life. (when I graduate) I find myself thinking about having children atleast 2 or 3 times a day.
Er.. so I'm just stressing out... The flower job I got recently is beautiful. Although sometimes it just isn't a fix for everything that feels like it's going wrong. So Saturday when I went to the shop, I didn't want to be there. I made it through okay.
Hawaiian Cd is being turned on, I'll make yet another origami crane, and I'm falling asleep soon.

Return to “Grief and Loss”