Merry Christmas

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
Forum Moderator

Re: Merry Christmas

Postby sam10 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 08:45 pm

Holidays are always difficult, especially the first one. I always handled such days best if I expected to struggle at some point. I allow myself to take some time to grieve, whatever that would entail. Sometimes I prefer to be alone, at other times I seek company. Grief changes over time and so does the way we experience and think about holidays. Thinking of you and your precious baby who would have been 6 months old.
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
H (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
M (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Merry Christmas

Postby ashleyhae » Wed Dec 25, 2013 06:00 pm

This is our first Christmas after losing our daughter. I've done quite well until this evening, I knew it would hit me at some point. I was in my home town for the past 5 days with my family, including my new baby niece. It was nice but the feeling that something was missing or actually someone was constantly there. I remember saying to Ken last year, "can you believe next Christmas we'll have a 6 month old." I so wish more than anything that she were here, and could have met her cousin.
Mommy to Malia born March 15, 2013 at 29 weeks due to severe preeclampsia.
She spent 2 precious days with us that we will forever cherish.
Baby #2 due 6/16/14

Return to “Grief and Loss”