Bummed Out!

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
kpowers

Re : Bummed Out!

Postby kpowers » Sat May 12, 637342 7:31 am

Thanks Kim. That helps a lot. I hate my mask, but I guess I get to suffer, I am going to talk to my dr and figure something out. I she her on the 25. I am going to find something that works. Thank you everyone else for your support too!

Kim mom to
Emma May Powers still born 12/12/04 sever PE & HELLP
ca.geocities.com/kimpowers@rogers.com/index.htm

kimb

Postby kimb » Sat May 12, 637342 4:24 am

When I was in the hospital when I lost Will - they found that I had sleep apnea. The had me on a cpap while in the hospital and then referred me to a sleep clinic within about a month. Being away from my husband so soon after losing Will was very hard - but the people there were great and let him hang around while they hooked me up - my tech was even great and had read my chart and seen that we had just had a loss and offered to let my husband sleep in another room that wasn't taken. One of the other techs had taken by bp and she didn't want them to let me stay because it was so high - and we were telling her that was why they got me in so quickly - I had just gone for the prelim the day before and usually there is a couple month wait. The sleep apnea actually raises your bp at night because you aren't getting the rest your body needs. There were nights between losing Will and getting the cpap that I was afraid to go to sleep because I was waking up in the middle of the night and my bp was so high. Good thing my hubby loves me cause I am soo attractive when going to bed with that mask on! :-) Even with the high bp my drs have never been against giving me birth control. After losing Will though we switched to the depo shot since I was on the pill when I got pregnant.

Kim 35
William Michael - my angel - pe/HELLP 7/7/03

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Fri May 11, 637342 8:34 pm

You sound so bummed! I am hoping it was just your nerves and sleeping in a weird environment that caused the bp rise, but maybe it wasn't. Hopefully you and your doc can work something out to try to lower it or isn't there birth control that is safe to take with high blood pressure? Good luck finding something that will work for you, and lets just cross our fingers that the bp was due to stress.

Alissa mommy to:
Dominic 9/10/97-9/11/97 @ 28 weeks
Victoria 1/8/02 @ 30 weeks

melissam

Postby melissam » Fri May 11, 637342 5:09 pm

Oh Kim, I am sorry to hear about the high bp. That is quite high....at least the bottom number is. Do they have you on anything for it? Did they say what they can do for the sleep apnea? Perhaps if that is taken care of then the bp will resolve itself.

Good luck...I am hoping that you were just nervous.

Melissa
Mom to:
Riley 2/9/2000 born at 37 weeks due to PE
Kelsi 12/30/2004 - 1/1/2005 (13 oz) born at 24 weeks due to Severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/k/kelsi2005/
New photos added 3/22/05 - Kelsi got her headstone

kpowers

Bummed Out!

Postby kpowers » Fri May 11, 637342 2:45 pm

I went to a sleep clinic last night. I had to get hooked up to wires and sleep over night. Without the hubbby which sucks. I have sleep apena so I stop breathing in my sleep. I was reading something there and it can cause high bp later on in life. Like I need another thing to help that. Any way my bp was ???/95 !!!!![:(] My dr is going to kill me. Like she is going to give me birth control now. Looks like I am going to have to figure something out other then that or condoms. Argh I am so mad why did I have to ask what the number was. it wasn't like they were going to tell me in the first place. Oh well, i didn't want to be there and was nerveous about being there and sleeping with all those stupid wires. That is probably why it was so high. Right everyone?

Kim mom to
Emma May Powers still born 12/12/04 sever PE & HELLP
ca.geocities.com/kimpowers@rogers.com/index.htm

Return to “Grief and Loss”