Baby Indigo is home now

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Baby Indigo is home now

Postby 5thtymachrm » Sun Nov 23, 2003 05:21 pm

[:D]Can you all believe it!![:D][:D][:D]
Hi girls
We finally have a beautiful little girl to brag to everyone about! Indigo Elizabeth was born at 9:55AM on Thursday, Nov.20th weighing 5lbs,13ounces and 18.5 inches. I had a csection, very strange thing that is! I lost quite a bit of blood but okay, no transfusion needed, I will just be on iron for several months. I made it to 37 weeks and 5 days! Can you believe it!

We left the hospital yesterday evening and her weight had dropped by 10%(5lbs,5oz) so they are making us supplement my breastfeeding with formula to help her gain so more weight. She is very strong and very cute, and very tiny! We love her so much and can't imagine our lives w/o her. I don't think I have ever loved my husband as much as I do now. He has been wonderful, taking care of all her dirty diapers and taking care of me. I am so proud to call him my husband. He is the best dad ever! He likes to have her sleep on his chest after she eats, they nap together for 2-3 hours a couple times a day, its just amazing!

THank you everyone for all your support through this very long and harrowing ordeal. I don't think I would've made it w/o everyones support.

Thank you again,

Elizabeth and Indigo[:I]

PS, if you would like pics of our sweet little angel please email me

Elizabeth (27)
dh-Shawn (29)
edd:11/30/03 Indigo Elizabeth (hypertension(atenolol),hyperemesis,20lb wt loss, hypothyroidism, cancer remission, asthma, 8cm blood clot @3wks, planned csec 12/1/03)
11/17/95 m/c @14wks
1/97 m/c @3wks
2/98 m/c @5wks
8/02 m/c @3wks
5thtymachrm

Return to Pregnant Again?