Feels like the first time....

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
mommy1st

Re : Feels like the first time....

Postby mommy1st » Sun Sep 25, 637994 4:45 pm

Joni,
Wow you have made it! Congrats on that!!:) So if my math serves me correctly you will be going in for your c-section on Wednesday, WOW!! Woo-hoo!!
You have every right to have all these feelings imagine being able to pack your own bags, you lucky girl. Anyways, I can't wait to read your birth story and I just know you will be awesome and your little man will definatly show you and DH that he has a good set of lungs on him:)
Keep us posted!

heather100

Postby heather100 » Thu Sep 15, 637994 9:28 am

Oh, I'm in tears reading your post, Joni. I can also NOT imagine a planned, normal birth. Little things like you mention such as having a bag packed seem so surreal. And actually being able to hold our babies right after birth versus days later... wow. Amazing!

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see pics of your little bundle of joy!!

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Tue Jun 16, 637992 3:35 am

Joni, You are next! I am so excited for you! Let me tell you, you will love every moment of this birth! It is completly different in a good way!! Hearing your baby come out screaming is music to your ears! I can't wait to hear about your birth story!

alaskamommy

Postby alaskamommy » Mon Jun 15, 637992 11:32 pm

Joni, I felt the same way. I started bawling when I heard Niko's first little cry. (Then I had to smile, cuz I heard that he'd peed on both docs as they pulled him out - hee hee! Paybacks, LOL!) Anyway, you'll be in my prayers this week. Can't wait to see photos of you and your sweet new baby boy! Good luck!

leftcoastgirl

Postby leftcoastgirl » Sun Jun 14, 637992 9:05 am

Gosh i'm such a preggo...lol. Reading all your replies actually made me cry! I can't thank you all enough for your support over the last 9+ months.

It's been fascinating to me just packing my bags (another thing i've never done before!)

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sun Jun 14, 637992 8:28 am

quote:Originally posted by leftcoastgirl

I keep thinking i'm going to be bawling my head off from emotions before they even make the first cut

You will absolutely be bawling your head off and it will be amazing! [:D] Man, the emotions! You're going to do awesome.

I was so freaking afraid the day before Ella was born. I didn't have a clue what to expect. It felt so surreal to drop Nicolas off at SIL's house, and drive with DH to the hospital to have a baby with a suitcase packed to the brim with dozens of outfits for Ella and myself!

It was wonderful, and beautiful, and amazing! All of a sudden there's this cry in the distance and you'll just know that he's in the world! I can't wait to read how you kicked PE, had a wonderful delivery, and welcomed little Ashtyn,screaming his lungs out, with a real partner and father for your baby boy!

Thinking of you all,

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Fri Jun 05, 637992 5:53 am

Joni,

I know exactly how you feel. After two previous sections under very sick and stressful conditions, I was really nervous about another one. But they lifted this HUGE baby out, who was pink and screaming and after I was stitched up, they gave him right back to me and that was it. I think I grinned for about a fortnight. And my recovery was so fast it took my breath away.

It is amazing - and all the more amazing when you've been in the opposite camp for so long. Good luck.

bluehairedmary

Postby bluehairedmary » Fri Jun 05, 637992 5:38 am

I know what you mean. I recently had to go to L&D because my pressure was up (everything is okay, though), and those memories all came flooding back. Keep an open mind and take it moment by moment. This is new territory for you, and hopefully a happy time. Good luck and keep us updated!

michelle_chandler

Postby michelle_chandler » Fri Jun 05, 637992 12:58 am

Congrats on making it this far Joni... that's amazing in and of itself. Sending you lots of positive vibes!! You'll be holding your precious little one before you know it and much of the anxiety will disappear. You'll do great..can't wait to hear the update!!

Take care of you, Michelle

leftcoastgirl

Feels like the first time....

Postby leftcoastgirl » Fri Jun 05, 637992 12:20 am

Ok, 4 more days.

I don't know what it's like to have a normal scheduled c/section.

I don't know what it's like to be giving birth...and not on magnesium sulfate and bloated.

What is it like to have a baby that comes out crying and vigorous, that someone hands to you? And you get to keep him?

I don't know what it's like to have a supportive partner with me through the whole experience...who is excited to have a baby too.

I feel like i'm having my first baby. I keep thinking i'm going to be bawling my head off from emotions before they even make the first cut....ack! Please send some self control vibes.

I keep going through these scenarios in my head over and over...I guess it's my nervousness because the big day is so close.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”