Hey, pregnant mamas? Check in...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
melly

Re : Hey, pregnant mamas? Check in...

Postby melly » Sun Aug 18, 638289 12:20 am

Name:Melanie

Gestation: 30weeks4days

Brags (good things about the pregnancy so far): Hardly any swelling as compared to last preg. BP still good. No back pain like last time.

Drags (things you wish could be a bit better):I'm tired all the time. I'm out of breath easily. I'm fed up with uncomfortable maternity pants!!!!!

Funky cravings? Chocolate!!! But I guess thats not really funky or even all that unusual for me.

Have you started your nursery? My brother painted it a pale lavender when we were out of town. I have my son's crib still set up in there, changing table and armoire. We also have boxes that need sorting before they make it to the attic. I haven't decorated yet. She'll be in a bassinet next to our bed for awhile so I'm not too worried. We have almost completed my son's big boy room. He loves it!

Boy/girl? Girl

Names: Caroline after my hubby's grandma who we both love. Can't decide on a middle name yet.

ria

Postby ria » Sat Jul 27, 638289 3:02 pm

Name: Ria

Gestation: 31 weeks tomorrow

Brags (good things about the pregnancy so far): I was being induced by this point with my daughter. It looks like I'll make our goal of at least beating 31 weeks. This little one is kicking up a storm!

Drags (things you wish could be a bit better): Newly imposed home bed rest. I'm sad I didn't get to say "goodbye" to my my students.

Funky cravings? I can't seem to get enough peanut butter and apples this time. Also, I've been loving my veggies (an odd thing for someone with a sweet-tooth like mine).

Have you started your nursery? We'll have the little one room with us for a long while.

Boy/girl? Girl

Names: Kaia

Any other info you want to share: This is a bit weird, but, having these complications at this point seems familiar and not so bad this time. We know the routine. Kaia was measuring bigger than Rylinn was at birth and that has me so reassured.

kmomto8

Postby kmomto8 » Sat Jul 27, 638289 4:02 am

Name: Karen

Gestation: 29 weeks tomorrow

Brags (good things about the pregnancy so far): regardless of how *I* am doing, baby is doing well

Drags (things you wish could be a bit better): wish I wasn't still taking phenergan and zofran

Funky cravings? nope. my usual. salads and protein

Have you started your nursery? no nursery. Baby will stay with us and eventually move in with sibs

Boy/girl?don't know

Names: current front runners are Isabel and Tristan

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Fri Jul 26, 638289 7:55 pm

Name: Kathy

Gestation: 26 weeks

Brags (good things about the pregnancy so far): Everything has been absolutely perfect!!

Drags (things you wish could be a bit better): Nausea seems to be returning

Funky cravings? I didn't want meat for several months, but that seems to have passed now.

Have you started your nursery? Yep, it's almost done. We wanted to finish it early so I can just take it really easy the third trimester.

Boy/girl? boy!!

Names: I'm starting to think we're just going to have to call hum Bubba. We can't come to an agreement. Not even close yet.

Any other info you want to share: We're going to Disneyworld in a couple of weeks. (Provided the docs clear me to go.) We're renting me a wheelchair/scooter for the entire trip. It's a big family reunion, so I'm hoping we don't have to miss it.

jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby jenndola » Thu Jul 25, 638289 9:43 pm

But Heather, your last name isn't Smith--and Nicholas Smith just seems to run together. I have this thing about names that end in "s" when paired with Smith. I find them aesthetically offensive. [;)]

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Tue Jul 16, 638289 10:55 pm

Hey, Jenn -- I'm with your DH on this one; we have one [;)]!

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Tue Jul 16, 638289 6:58 pm

Name: Amy

Gestation: 30 weeks

Brags (good things about the pregnancy so far): Good bps so far, no protein, good weekly appointments (knock on wood!)Good strong kicks!

Drags (things you wish could be a bit better): hyperemesis won't go away, sciatic and back pain, waddling, uncomfortable

Funky cravings?: crunchy, from tacos to chips...bad bad bad....

Have you started your nursery? LOL!!!!!!! She'll be in our room for a while!

Boy/girl? Girl-

Names: Isabelle Margaret (Izzy)

Any other info you want to share: Still working as a substitute teacher. Lots of fun waddling down the halls!

katevans

Postby katevans » Tue Jul 16, 638289 3:54 pm

Name: Cathy

Gestation: 24 weeks

Brags (good things about the pregnancy so far): BP is great

Drags (things you wish could be a bit better): Taking the P17 shot once a week to ward off PTL--so far, so good :)

Funky cravings? Girl Scout cookies--thin mints...yum

Have you started your nursery? no, the little one will share with his brother since they will be about 17 months apart.

Boy/girl? Little man

Names: Have not decided. We are thinking about Carson or Cole

Any other info you want to share: I believe this will be my last pregnancy. Just trying to enjoy it the best I can.

candysboys

Postby candysboys » Tue Jul 16, 638289 1:22 pm

Name: Candy

Gestation: 30 weeks

Brags (good things about the pregnancy so far): Lots of kicking, u/s every 3 weeks, growth is right on track, having a girl

Drags (things you wish could be a bit better): Going to the dr. for WEEKLY visits since 25 weeks is driving me insane. B/P hasn't been the greatest from the start, but nothing alarming and nothing over 140/90 (yet). Everytime the nurse rolls in the b/p machine I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack worrying if this is going to be the time I'm hypertensive.

Funky cravings? Nothing really funky, but I seriously eat Subway everyday for lunch. It's the only thing I want!

Have you started your nursery? Slowly but surely. She'll be sleeping in our room for a while anyway.

Boy/girl? Girl after 2 boys!

Names: Payton (still in discussions with dh about a middle name)

Any other info you want to share: Just praying to make it safely to at least 37 weeks!

jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby jenndola » Tue Jul 16, 638289 12:15 pm

Name: Jenn

Gestation: 21.5 weeks

Brags (good things about the pregnancy so far): I'm still pregnant!

Drags (things you wish could be a bit better): My eternal bronchitis

Funky cravings? Not really. Still in a big Swedish Fish swing, but who doesn't love Swedish Fish?

Have you started your nursery? Nope. Still have to clean out half of Gabe's room and move him into a big-boy bed.

Boy/girl? Boy!

Names: I like Ian, but DH likes Nicholas. We'll see who triumphs.

Any other info you want to share: Had my liver enzymes and platelets pulled yesterday, and everything looks great so far!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”