High blood pressure now PUPPS??

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re : High blood pressure now PUPPS??

Postby caryn » Tue Sep 27, 638292 8:29 pm

Alice, PCOS is technically a metabolic syndrome rather than an autoimmune disease. But PCOS is thought to have something or other to do with autoimmunity, because there are correlations between it and diseases like autoimmune thyroidosis.

So I think the official answer is "Maybe." [;)]

kmomto8

Postby kmomto8 » Tue Sep 27, 638292 5:48 pm

If you can get your OB to write the scrip and if you have a compounding pharmacy in your area this is a 'recipe' that can sometimes help.

420 gm Lubriderm
240 gm menthol
60 gm Lidex

katevans

Postby katevans » Tue Sep 27, 638292 2:43 pm

Alice,
They actually did a skin biopsy of mine because I got them so early in pregnancy.

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Tue Sep 27, 638292 1:20 am

Is there really a diagnosis for this??? I remember having terrible, I mean just terrible, itching while pregnant that got SO much worse after delivery. I attributed it though to the stretch marks - I remember asking my mom what I could put on it to make it stop itching. Nothing really worked except time.

Could that have been the same thing? (I think it was not just belly but also upper thighs.) Ick. I had almost forgotten about it!!!

Caryn, would PCOS be an autoimmune system thing that could cause this (and GD)?

katevans

Postby katevans » Mon Sep 26, 638292 9:12 am

Kelly,
I know your pain. I had PUPPS with my last pregnancy (PE and HELLP free). I got it starting at 17 weeks. It does clear up after delivery, but it will get worse :( I had 2 rounds of steroids after my c-section tying to clear them up faster. Good luck, and as always, you have my support.

amarah

Postby amarah » Sun Sep 25, 638292 3:15 pm

Wierd....I along with having severe pre e and being left with chronic hypertension after delivery (which is controlled w/ meds) I ALSO had PUPPS, I remember it was the most annoying and most unconfortoble thing out of my whole pregnancy. Maybe an exxageration but it was sucky! I hope it goes away soon for you!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Fri Sep 16, 638292 5:55 am

quote:I guess I'm just a freak of nature

You know, there's some reasons to think that all of these are immune responses -- HELLP, PE, PUPPS, *and* GD -- so it's not a freak thing, I promise. [:)] Probably just that your immune system's been tipped off to those incoming placentas.

PUPPS sounds just *miserable*. Does anything help?

kelly827

Postby kelly827 » Fri Sep 16, 638292 4:25 am

This is the link I was given about PUPPS:

http://www.tcinternet.net/users/kritzer ... /PUPPP.htm

4mybabies

Postby 4mybabies » Wed Sep 14, 638292 8:40 pm

What is PUPP syndrome?

kelly w

Postby kelly w » Sun Sep 04, 638292 5:21 pm

I fail the one hour every single time and have to take the 3 hour. I always passed until my last baby [#5] when I only had one number fail [you are supposed to have two numbers fail on the 3hour to officially get the "GD" diagnosis]. They gave me the GD diagnosis anyway, but I think it was an error because I never had a single high blood sugar [and I had to test 4 times a day...]

Anyway, it is really, really common to fail the 1 hour and pass the 3 hour. In my area, they would not even send you for the 3 hour unless you were 150 or higher, so you are really borderline.

Good luck! Hope you do pass it!

I'm sorry about the PUPP syndrome - that is a horrifyingly obnoxious thing to deal with. [:(]

Kelly

Return to “Pregnant Again?”